5 Expansions of Pet Battles, and Que is Still Bugged

Which is why I suggested the opposite… too few people. No potential opponents. Long waits in queue.

Seems legit. And not fixable, really. Blizzard can’t force people to do PvP pet battles.

That doesn’t make any sense. If there were too few people, why would there be an estimated wait time as short as 3 minutes?

1 Like

If there were an adequate number of people, why would there be a 2 hour queue?

Given a choice between the evidence of a guesstimate algorithm (a class of algorithms widely known as “guessing”) or the objective evidence of 2 hours of real waiting, I’d trust the objective evidence.

That’s not really the point… Blizzard’s system is falsely leading people (or at least me lol) to believe there is a significantly shorter wait time than there is in reality. I don’t know if the algorithm is simply getting it’s numbers “confused,” or maybe it’s excluding people from the que because it isn’t registering them properly in it’s array.

In ether case it’s clearly not working as intended, and would thus be a bug.

Bug Report Forum. This is where they prefer bug reports be posted, rather than in the general Gameplay subject forums. Suggestions for new or changed features are more appropriate in this forum space.

(There’s also a “Submit Bug” option in the in-game Help menu.)

In order to come up with some sort of accurate statistical estimate, need to have a fairly large user base upon which to base it on. When you have 1 person on one side and zero persons on the other, means you just got to guess and throw out some random number.

Need to understand, there aren’t all that many players that are into pet PvP. So if no potential opponents queued, it’s going to take a while.

Sniper, I appreciate your attempt to be informative and constructive, but Blizzard has had FIVE expansions to fix this, and it’s still an issue. I can’t imagine that they have not heard about this issue at this point. lol

the way that is calculated is just the average of a couple recent matches, if you have a very small test set then it’s not odd to see big swings in deviation
2 hours just means no one is queueing at all

not really blizzard’s fault that no one qs pvp pet battles, just basic probability and statistics 101

Queue times were fast during Legion, but I have not done any pvp pet battles since summer of 2018. It probably is a reflection of less people playing now as Sniperorc suggested above.

Pet battles are one on one. That should mean that every other person would get matched up as soon as they get in the Q. Also meaning the Q should theoretically never be more than 1-2 people deep.

Therefore… You cannot convince me that at least two people among the entire playerbase aren’t queuing up at the same time to do a pet battle. Their Q is broken.

Recognize that PvP Pet Battles are a niche activity. Not a whole lot of people into it. Way too many folks try it out, hit a few OP teams, say to hell with it.

When queue is 1 and zero players deep, yeah, gonna take a while for queue to pop.

1 Like

I agree it’s niche, but out of the million or so subs… You’ll never be able to convince me that two players online at the same time out of the entire player pool aren’t queuing up at the same time. There isn’t a faction imbalance with pet battles and it’s not matching up a 40 on 40. It’s only TWO people at once.

That’s .000008 per 250k people online at once. If they can’t get 2 out of that many it’s probably time to scrap pet battles as they currently are.

but thats not how it works

we are all grouped into pvp pet “battlegroups”, some of which are very active, others that are dead.

this has been revealed by a number of pvp pet battler youtubers

blizz have not been transparent on how these groupings work, but ultimately you are limited to a certain pool of opponents when you queue up.

1 Like

I Guess that was my point. They invest all the resources in a whole battle pet universe within the game and don’t give us the means to use it. My point was if there aren’t 2 people in all of WOW queuing its probably gotta go. If it’s individual realms and battlegroups failing the test, that’s on Bliz. They’ve ignored dead servers for years so why wouldn’t they ignore this?

1 Like

That’s like saying WoW “probably gotta go” if not enough players are doing a PvP activity.

Like my pet battling friends, I enjoy doing the pet battle dungeons and tamers. I do not enjoy PvPing. I’d do it - as I’m doing Korrak’s Revenge - if the rewards made it worth while, but they don’t.

PvP pet battles are really fun.

The system only needs a few minor fixes/tweaks to keep it humming along nicely.

If Blizz continue to neglect it they’re tossing out a lot of dev work that keeps people subbed to the game.

1 Like

They neglect everything.

1 Like

I have trouble believing this to be accurate, because I can switch between 4 different realms, and still encounter the same problem.

And I can’t believe that if there’s a very active pet battle realm or battlegroup at this point in time it’s completely unknown to everyone here.

If all it took was one realm to be active all the time (Thrall or Area52) for example, we’d all know about it.

1 Like

apparently its to do with the realm you have the most characters on, or realm you have your main character on, or something like that

we don’t actually know

but yeah, you can’t make a character on a different realm, log in, and get a different “battlegroup” of opponents

2 Likes