4th RSV Spec: Ranger

I agree with Khallid

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree the idea of 4 dps specs is pretty insane. At least two of the specs would probably considered unviable in most forms of play. Honestly just trying to find a way for RSV to return in some form without alienating too many players (either on the MM or MSV side)

I swear it’s like I’m one of the few people that visit the forums that like melee survival. I was never a fan of ranged surv, usually only played bm or mm. Melee surv is freakin fun and unique.

4 Likes

Stop, you’ll piss off the mob.

1 Like

Lmao

SV is amazing. It’s EXTREMELY early alpha. Minor skill buffs are not all that’s coming to SV. Ranged SV is not coming back. The moment they give Hunters a 4th spec, they’ve got every other class whining almost as much as Hunters do. Almost. You guys seriously stepped up your game after WoD. Your tears have drowned out even the Mages.

OK I have been wanting this too. Rangers are kind of a mix between Druids and Archers with some rogue features. I play my hunter as kind of a ranger already though because I have stealth, I have two heals (because of the spirit pet heal), and I have my animal companions so I am one with nature I guess.

The ONLY thing that I don’t have is a couple nature type spells. Rangers usually have some nature type spells like maybe replacing trap with a dot/slow and having tentrils reach out of the ground to poison your enemy. But I see what you mean OP. I love the ranger class.

1 Like

I would do this(link below):

4 Likes

Illidari

312 posts

101 Night Elf Demon Hunter180

3h

SV is amazing. It’s EXTREMELY early alpha. Minor skill buffs are not all that’s coming to SV. Ranged SV is not coming back. The moment they give Hunters a 4th spec, they’ve got every other class whining almost as much as Hunters do. Almost. You guys seriously stepped up your game after WoD. Your tears have drowned out even the Mages.

Yeah after pumping 14 years of money into this game I feel like we have a right to complain when they completely butcher a lot of people’s favorite spec/class. Hunters damn near lost their complete identity in Legion. I really don’t care if you like SV right now or not.

20 Likes

You’ve been whining about it for 4 years. Move on or seek help at this point. Melee SV is fun, and it’s here to stay as long as the Devs want it to. There is no way they’re giving hunters a 4th dps spec, unless they decided to do the same for most every other class.

Think his point was that you can play other classes for melee. There are a lot to choose from. SV used to be my fav spec too when it was ranged.

5 Likes

So why do you feel the need to constantly come on here and speak against players asking for a 4th spec option, or just in general try to ridicule other posters?

If you’re so sure that a 4th spec will never happen and that there’s no way they will ever revert current SV back to it’s old theme, why bother with what you’re spending so much time on here?

6 Likes

Why do you insist on whining about the same thing for four plus years. I would like the devs to focus on fixing the actual specs instead of half of the posts on this forums being the same 3 or 4 people continually posting this.

When even Bepples acknowledges a 4th spec isn’t coming, move on.

Asking people who are wasting time asking for something that isn’t going to happen is a waste of time because it isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

I’m all for this idea , but I’d say balancing the current specs in both pve and PvP should be the first step. If they don’t show they care enough to do this for hunters, then adding a 4th spec will inevitably be a mess

Not to mention the fact that giving Hunters a 4th spec also means they’ve got to give EVERYONE a 4th spec. Will never happen.

If you haven’t figured that out by now, you never will…

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive to one another. No matter how much you argue otherwise…

Incorrect.

You have posted this argument before. And like before, it holds no merit.

If giving 1 class a 4th spec means that you would have to do it with all other classes as well then…how come they did not do this going into MoP when they added a 4th spec to Druids?

Why is it now suddenly a case of “all or nothing” ?

1 Like

You’re being purposefully obtuse. Everyone who has played this game for a long time knows full well why druid got a 4th spec. Hunters and Druids are in no way comparable in this comparison.

Further, you’re being delusional if you think hunters getting a 4th spec wouldn’t cause the forums to literally explode. That’s not even getting into the fact RSV isn’t different enough to warrant a separate spec in WoW now.

Did I say otherwise? No.

“In no way comparable”

In your head perhaps…

I’m sure there would be several players of other classes who would want more playstyle options for their respective class(es) as well yes.

And?

Besides, I never said otherwise…

Based on?

I’m going to assume you don’t grasp the irony of you asking for support considering nearly everything you post about RSV is anecdotal opinion…