[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

levels exceeding 75 will consist of only raid-boss level packs of Swolekin working out in their gym. If you approach them slightly in a 100-yard radius, you will implode immediately.

When you check for a summary of the damage you took, you will see that you were killed by:

Do you even lift?
Approaching in a 100-yard radius will cause you to implode, dealing 1,000,000 damage to yourself and all other party members. “Don’t mess up my gains, bruh.”

7 Likes

This sounds so neat for replay-ability and challenge. I hope the rewards stay relevant the whole expansion and I have a reason to do it on my alts too!

Thats actually a fantastic point. I wonder when comes the point whereas you can safely say you can stop as you have gone far enough. Im interested in how long they expect players to be in torghast per run

All I ask is for there to be a goblin level.

Depending on the goblin they could drop gold, profession mats, transmog stuff? etc etc

I hope it does and you are streaming when that happens.

…I used to know this and also be that pedantic when people got it wrong.

Joke’s on me this time and I accept your correction. :3

7 Likes

This sounds awesome!! Can’t wait to see how far this feature is taken. I’m imagining a full blown side game at this point

I’m just impressed there is a blue willing to have a conversation with us. \o/

I love the callback to DnD with the name “Tarragrue”, it made my day :smiley:

Soon (no tm). Here’s the info I’ve been sharing:

When Torghast goes live on alpha you’ll be able to queue for it by speaking with the Flaska-Torghast NPC in Aspirant’s Rest or Hero’s Rest.
Don’t worry, you can’t miss him–he’s a larger-than-life tauren Death Knight.

Does dying summon the Tarragrue or does it speed him up in some fashion? If so is the quantity of deaths know ahead of time, do things like soulstone/reincarnate cancel those deaths?

Based on what I read it seems that dying enough times summons the Tarrgrue

2 Likes

Can we enter Torghast as many times as we want in a given week?

Sounds awesome! /thumbsup

Saturday crawls of 8+ hours, here I come! :wink: (If I live that long)

1 Like

No. Based on what they have said there is a set number of times you can enter Torghast depending on how much you have done. Apparently there is a way to gain tickets with a maximum they havent stated yet.

:rage:

Well. That’s fine… I guess.

I mean to be fair it makes sense and I would prefer this. Its better to make it a set number of times so that A) Its more enjoyable and awesome when you actually get to enter Torghast and B) So that you cant just farm legendaries and have a full set of BIS within two days

My biggest fear with this system is the limited entry. It was confirmed there would be keys like visions, although acquisition of them would be more open-ended. I don’t see the reason to limit the entrance to content like this. Let the rewards be limited if that is the intent, but don’t limit entry.

Torghast was advertised to be akin to a roguelike game, and those games are designed to be highly replayable. Why design something to be replayable and then limit the replayability of it. Look at Hearthstone’s dungeons. There’s no limit to attempts, they can be incredibly fun, and have been a huge success. The only reward is the occasional card back here or there and yet people still play them because they are fun.

Raids are repeatable with only gear locked weekly, M+ is repeatable, Battlegrounds and Arena are repeatable. Let Torghast stand on its own as new content that is repeatable, with a weekly limit on rewards if that’s needed. Let players enjoy the content that your developers are working so hard to create.

4 Likes

I can agree with them allowing you in as many times as you like but walling off rewards for gear and such behind the tickets.

I would just make a cap on how many resources you can gather in a given week/day. If Torghast is fun, in terms of content, I want to be in there as much as possible, personally. Fair points, though.

2 Likes