[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

This Torghast tower better be damned good, or I’m considering this false advertisement :wink: (hahahahaha)…

Or… all ears for?

I’m sorry.

2 Likes

“Prisoners from Maldraxxus are held here, their bones broken over and over again.”

Whoa. Brutal.

2 Likes

Hahaha I hope that is just a placeholder. Epic armor and level 1 grey weapons.

I didn’t even notice till i read your post.

2 Likes

Likely is. Would be kinda funny if they arent though

When Torghast goes live on alpha you’ll be able to queue for it by speaking with the Flaska-Torghast NPC in either Aspirant’s Rest or Hero’s Rest.

Don’t worry, you can’t miss him–he’s a larger-than-life tauren Death Knight.

4 Likes

Yeah maybe it’s intended and the NPCs will upgrade their weapons as we upgrade levels to show their power progression. lol

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you. I am very much looking forward to this. Fav Class/Spec to play is Vengeance DH.

Fav Class/Spec Lore wise: Frost DK still Loyal to Arthas :wink:

This is shaping up to be quite the expansion :smiley: I can see why yall had everything closed off couple of months ago when I visited!

Now that… That would be frigging amazing. That would make the leveling of Torghast waaaaaaaay cooler. Love that idea.

2 Likes

Interesting news. With the amount of floors available - is this something I can do during a lunch break say 30-45 minutes or less or will it require say an hour plus to complete?

[pedant]
The poem is Jabberwocky but the creature itself is the Jabberwock.
[/pedant]

1 Like

Fair enough. Sounds neat.

levels exceeding 75 will consist of only raid-boss level packs of Swolekin working out in their gym. If you approach them slightly in a 100-yard radius, you will implode immediately.

When you check for a summary of the damage you took, you will see that you were killed by:

Do you even lift?
Approaching in a 100-yard radius will cause you to implode, dealing 1,000,000 damage to yourself and all other party members. “Don’t mess up my gains, bruh.”

7 Likes

This sounds so neat for replay-ability and challenge. I hope the rewards stay relevant the whole expansion and I have a reason to do it on my alts too!

Thats actually a fantastic point. I wonder when comes the point whereas you can safely say you can stop as you have gone far enough. Im interested in how long they expect players to be in torghast per run

All I ask is for there to be a goblin level.

Depending on the goblin they could drop gold, profession mats, transmog stuff? etc etc

I hope it does and you are streaming when that happens.

…I used to know this and also be that pedantic when people got it wrong.

Joke’s on me this time and I accept your correction. :3

7 Likes

This sounds awesome!! Can’t wait to see how far this feature is taken. I’m imagining a full blown side game at this point

I’m just impressed there is a blue willing to have a conversation with us. \o/