[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

Hi, I really like the concept of Torghast as a roguelike dungeon. I enjoy playing roguelike games! I am really looking forward to getting a Torghast run that gets super lucky and climbing super far into the tower. I understand that there will be game progression and rewards as a result of Torghast runs, but I really hope that while the legendary crafting materials and other rewards might be capped each week, I can run Torghast itself as many times as I want, just because it is (hopefully) fun to do!

So the Tarragrue is alerted after dying repeatedly however I was curious. Does repeatedly count over the time of the entire run in torghast or only towards a specific level?

But, we need to know this: During holidays, does the Tarragrue get different outfits like the raid bosses from Legion? Perhaps a little Winterveil Hat during the holiday season? Or what about a little set of rabbit ears during Noblegarden?

Edit: Oh! Could the Tarragrue be replaced with a Swolekin on April Fools? (Or maybe just give us a toggle for it :wink: )

2 Likes

That would be friggin amazing. Please do this Blizz!

1 Like

All the more humiliating when you die to it. :frowning:

The Tarragrue with rabbit ears would be WoW’s version of the Jabberwock; a wildly absurd terror.

Which I’m all here for.

EDITED: The creature is a Jabberwock and the poem’s a Jabberwocky. My dreadful punishment for this typo is to re-read that brilliant piece of literature. Oh nooooes.

10 Likes

This Torghast tower better be damned good, or I’m considering this false advertisement :wink: (hahahahaha)…

Or… all ears for?

I’m sorry.

2 Likes

“Prisoners from Maldraxxus are held here, their bones broken over and over again.”

Whoa. Brutal.

2 Likes

Hahaha I hope that is just a placeholder. Epic armor and level 1 grey weapons.

I didn’t even notice till i read your post.

2 Likes

Likely is. Would be kinda funny if they arent though

When Torghast goes live on alpha you’ll be able to queue for it by speaking with the Flaska-Torghast NPC in either Aspirant’s Rest or Hero’s Rest.

Don’t worry, you can’t miss him–he’s a larger-than-life tauren Death Knight.

4 Likes

Yeah maybe it’s intended and the NPCs will upgrade their weapons as we upgrade levels to show their power progression. lol

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you. I am very much looking forward to this. Fav Class/Spec to play is Vengeance DH.

Fav Class/Spec Lore wise: Frost DK still Loyal to Arthas :wink:

This is shaping up to be quite the expansion :smiley: I can see why yall had everything closed off couple of months ago when I visited!

Now that… That would be frigging amazing. That would make the leveling of Torghast waaaaaaaay cooler. Love that idea.

2 Likes

Interesting news. With the amount of floors available - is this something I can do during a lunch break say 30-45 minutes or less or will it require say an hour plus to complete?

[pedant]
The poem is Jabberwocky but the creature itself is the Jabberwock.
[/pedant]

1 Like

Fair enough. Sounds neat.

levels exceeding 75 will consist of only raid-boss level packs of Swolekin working out in their gym. If you approach them slightly in a 100-yard radius, you will implode immediately.

When you check for a summary of the damage you took, you will see that you were killed by:

Do you even lift?
Approaching in a 100-yard radius will cause you to implode, dealing 1,000,000 damage to yourself and all other party members. “Don’t mess up my gains, bruh.”

7 Likes

This sounds so neat for replay-ability and challenge. I hope the rewards stay relevant the whole expansion and I have a reason to do it on my alts too!