[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

I’m here to confirm that vitality is not a resource within Torghast nor is there a mechanic akin to it. Only your deaths will halt your climb!

Please keep in mind that not everything discovered in datamining exists or are feature final as Shadowlands is still in development.

42 Likes

Sooo… a timer in the form of a mob? And the timer activates if you die?

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Beast Mastery Hunter should get a power-up item within Torghast that is literally the April Fools Day item mentioned earlier in the month. You could even call it, “Towerstalker’s Couch” or something, where it allows you to place the couch on the ground and then you can sit in it, giving you a huge damage boost to your pets whilst sitting there. C’mon Blizz, I need mah couch!

2 Likes

Will Torghast contain enemies from all of wow being that everything apparently goes to the shadowlands when they die?

The Tarragrue is only alerted to your presence if you die repeatedly. Otherwise, he will not appear/hunt you down.

12 Likes

You’re the best :stuck_out_tongue:

Unlike the tendrils of time, you can escape from the Tarragrue.

8 Likes

How do I go about accessing this tower via Alpha? I’m on my DH. I’ve completed all quests except “Follow the Path” into Oribos.

This is sounding great, and nice of you guys to fully clear the air on what the Tower will be like. I’m looking forward to this in Shadowlands!

1 Like

I was going to read this but then I realized Bellular will have two or three videos about it by the end of the day and I’ll just listen to those while I play.

3 Likes

Some random ideas for power-ups:

A power-up that when used picks a class at random other than your own. For the rest of the run you can use a specific power that’s common to the the specs of the class picked.
Ex:
Paladin -> Wings (reduced duration)
Priest -> PW: Shield
Warrior -> Demo Shout

A power-up provides ramping tertiary stat bonuses for staying in combat with a very fast drop rate to encourage chain pulling, but not too much. So each second an X amount is added to your speed, leech, or avoidance (1 picked per tick). As long as you stay in combat they keep going up (to some cap).

A power-up that gives you multi-strike (wod stat) as a stat with a fixed amount for the remainder of the run.

Hi, I really like the concept of Torghast as a roguelike dungeon. I enjoy playing roguelike games! I am really looking forward to getting a Torghast run that gets super lucky and climbing super far into the tower. I understand that there will be game progression and rewards as a result of Torghast runs, but I really hope that while the legendary crafting materials and other rewards might be capped each week, I can run Torghast itself as many times as I want, just because it is (hopefully) fun to do!

So the Tarragrue is alerted after dying repeatedly however I was curious. Does repeatedly count over the time of the entire run in torghast or only towards a specific level?

But, we need to know this: During holidays, does the Tarragrue get different outfits like the raid bosses from Legion? Perhaps a little Winterveil Hat during the holiday season? Or what about a little set of rabbit ears during Noblegarden?

Edit: Oh! Could the Tarragrue be replaced with a Swolekin on April Fools? (Or maybe just give us a toggle for it :wink: )

2 Likes

That would be friggin amazing. Please do this Blizz!

1 Like

All the more humiliating when you die to it. :frowning:

The Tarragrue with rabbit ears would be WoW’s version of the Jabberwock; a wildly absurd terror.

Which I’m all here for.

EDITED: The creature is a Jabberwock and the poem’s a Jabberwocky. My dreadful punishment for this typo is to re-read that brilliant piece of literature. Oh nooooes.

10 Likes

This Torghast tower better be damned good, or I’m considering this false advertisement :wink: (hahahahaha)…

Or… all ears for?

I’m sorry.

2 Likes