[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Torghast, Tower of the Damned

So basically Visions of N’zoth 2.0.
:confused:

Hahaha. Unfortunately our site doesn’t currently support icons for blue posters. However, if I were to choose, I’d pick Jani. :3

9 Likes

Really really happy with what I have read about Torghast at the moment. Very interested in how they will keep it special after a few weeks. Yes its always changing but eventually players may get use to the repetitiveness of some of the mechanics. Would be pretty sweet if every few weeks they change the tower big time by adding and removing enemies and traps and such

2 Likes

Laurel is a good pick of course.

Torghast looks really interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated!

4 Likes

He’s brutal, too. The first time I played through it I didn’t know the Tarragrue existed and got roflstomped.

8 Likes

Absolutely, we love being able to share our developments with you!

9 Likes

It mentions legendaries!!!

“As you climb the tower, you may discover a floor that contains a Legendary chest. Inside you’ll discover reagents to craft legendary items that can be taken to a mysterious rune sage who will help you build legendary items. You are in full control—you can choose which type of equipment you’ll make and what powers will go in them to make them truly your own.”

So I hope it’s for all expansion long! Also Ion said stuff about changing it up every few months? maybe weeks? in his recent interview with Slootbag.

I haven’t been a huge fan of horrific visions, but maybe Torghast will smooth out the rough edges and make for a more rewarding dungeon experience.

1 Like

Shadowlands is going to be fantastic. I’m very excited for Torghast, and for the expansion in general.

WoW is back, baby!

5 Likes

When can we test this ? I have a mage online but i dont see this anywhere in bastion

Thank the Maker, no timer.
I shouldnt be punished if i need to step back after a fight and gather my composure and even go take a leak.

2 Likes

I agree, Logged back in for first time in a few months just recently and I found horrific visions to be interesting… however I think there are some issues with it ESPECIALLY in terms of making it something that gives you enough risk/reward. I think Torghast is gonna do that.

1 Like

I can already see people flipping their keyboards over trying to do torghast

So if only death penalize you basicly no timer if you don’t die?Or is the creature still chasing you even if you never die just slowly, so basicly still timed?

Based on what I read I took it as you have unlimited time unless you die enough times to trigger the creature

2 Likes

I hope this creature doesn’t pop out of a corner and I fall out of my chair and need to exit the game out of fear.

6 Likes

Would be kinda cool tbh. I kinda love the idea of the creature always being just behind you like a Michael Myers situation and all you can do is pray you dont get caught

1 Like

I hope it’s not going to be like that war campaign quest where I needed to go underwater in the dark and getting chased by some large underwater creature.

Hated that quest so much.

1 Like

You are in full control—you can choose which type of equipment you’ll make and what powers will go in them to make them truly your own.

A welcome change from Azerite, imo.

2 Likes

That NPC in the first screenshot of the article looks like he just bought that axe off the nearest Elwynn Forest vendor. :rofl: