4080 GPU R7 5800X3D---30 FPS low settings in raids/town

Is this normal? New PC Build and wow…this seems crazy. I get 100+ fps in Cyberpunk.
Aldo Running a 240hz Ultrawide 3440x1440. I have most seeting low or off and still low fps.

1 Like

Gfx card doesnt mean anything in wow. Game utilizes cpu.

2 Likes

this game is terribly optimized and HEAVILY used off your cpu.

i wouldent think too much about it TBH.

i9-14900k, 128GB of ram, 2TB nVME SSD (Gen4), nVidia 4090 driving a pair of 4k monitors at 144Hz and I have my MaxFPS locked to refresh, and I haven’t noticed a single difference with the new patch, I still sit maxed out (and it goes over 300fps if I disable maxfps).

My cpu usage is like 50%

1 Like

There’s also the question of how much I/O it’s doing. Even if most of the I/O is driven by the CPU, if the CPU is queueing I/Os it has to wait for the device controller to finish the I/O before sending an interrupt back to the CPU.

Remember, this game was designed back prior to 2004 when the technology was a quarter century older than it is now.

The 5800x3D is comparable to my 10700k and I still get about 50 to 70 fps in valdrakken, so weird stuff is going on with the patch.

If you’re getting 30 FPS in raids/towns on that rig, you have a misbehaving add-on.

Because of how much wow specifically likes fast access to data, the extra cache often results in the 5800x3d keeping up with or handily beating the latest i9s (assuming they aren’t crashing).

2 Likes

Yeah, the 5800x3D is significantly better for WoW than the 10700k.

It’s probably better for wow than a stable 14900ks (if one of those actually exists) without manual memory tuning and overclocking.

I will disable all addons and check again