4 hours queued healer and dps for group finder

I queued for The Steamvaults and Shadow Labyrinth for 4 hours as healer and dps and didn’t get into a group. That’s just bad game design. I think these are getting skipped because level requirement is 69-70, so most are getting to level 70 and going right to Wrath content since the gear is much better, which brings me to the point. I already complained many times about the horrible changes to the amazing original gameplay that made WoW a household name (The game is really really easy now) The dungeon/raid progression is bad too. There’s so much old content going to waste because they’re too lazy to rebalance and repurpose old raids and dungeons when new expansions are released for an immersive playthrough. A lot gets skipped now, that includes the stories of these dungeons and raids, many old items and quests are wasted now when they could be as useful as they were before. Balancing the dungeons and difficulty is not difficult to do, so why hasn’t it been done? Random dungeons queue should be grouped by level not by expansion and the rewards vs difficulty should make sense. The best thing they could do for this game right now is rebalancing it so it’s like all the expansions where part of the original game on release, so everything gets played through and is part of the long progression that WoW is supposed to have. It’s obvious the changes making the game easy are not the work of the real original designer of WoW and people should not be ok with Blizzard screwing with a real game designers work.
I wonder how successful World of Warcraft would have been after it was released if it had the same game balancing and difficulty it has today. I think it would have lost many players to its competition. because it sucks.
Dungeon bosses are dying so fast they dont even have a chance to use the abilities and mechanics designed for them.
There’s so much to complain about i’m just going to end it here.

1 Like

Eh, it’s fine. If you’re not questing while queued for RDF then you’re doing it wrong.

6 Likes

People go to Wrath the moment they hit 68, any TBC dungeon above that isn’t going to get much traffic. Especially now that we’re in the content drought waiting for Cata. Those dungeons got no traffic when we had 12 million players, let alone now

The original devs created Wrath, aka the thing you’re complaining about. WoW from the very beginning was meant to be casual!Everquest. If you want difficulty for the sake of difficulty you’re playing wrong game

8 Likes

Doing content an expansion behind right before a new expansion drop and not finding players for your LFG is not uncommon. Nobody is likely doing that content. Simple as.

3 Likes

To be fair this is similar to what Blizzard is doing with Season of Discovery. Will they eventually make a TBC Season of Discovery? Possible.

1 Like

People will be running raids/dungeons for transmogs when Cata is released. You can count on that.

4 Likes

If you’re playing retail, while it is seasonal, Timewalking does a great job repurposing old content. You can do the old dungeons, and gear is scaled up. Theyve even threw in some old raids too!

3 Likes

I wish the dungeons that had a small requirement to unlock such as caverns of time, had the prerequisite removed. I would have loved to get a couple of those runs in while questing to get some good looking gear for transmog, plus I enjoyed them back in the day. I guess I’ll have to solo it another time when I’m 80.

I guess they could just remove group finder, or never have introduced it. But that’s probably not what you’re asking for.

Hey, complaints got us here. Why stop now?

:woman_shrugging:

Jesus dude, go play another game if you are that pressed.
Basically 2 expansion old content will never have a big player base.

2 Likes

I am not sure I even believe the intent of this thread is to complain about 4 hour queues but more I just want to moan and groan about blizzard and have a tantrum.

1 Like

Lol, no one is doing damn near max level tbc dungeon content at the end of wotlk, right before cata.

Its slower leveling to do a 69-70 dungeon than to just go to wotlk at 68.

3 Likes

Guildwars 2 solved this problem.

Epic/legendary Loot tables from dungeons shouldn’t be static.

Daily quests should involve all dungeons, right back to deadmines/wailing caverns.

Since MMO players are so loot focused this instantly gives old content traffic.

If you enter an area/dungeon at a level beyond that areas LVL range, then you’ll be scaled down to that area.

This instantly destroys boosting services and instantly makes all content challenging.

Guild wars got this right.

Blizzard did not.

1 Like

Sorta true.

Keep in mind that the solo quest design was somewhat accidental too.

They meant for WoW to be closer to EQ than modern day WoW.

Guild wars has it’s own issues though lol.

That’s as far as I read because you’re queuing for top level crusade content in wrath. This is wrath, not crusade. The crusade ship has sailed long ago. Wrath’s ship will be sailed soon as well, so you should be enjoying 80 while you can.

1 Like

Another horribly fake ai post.

1 Like

I agree WoW was meant to be casual. It was already casual before they nerfed it into… I dont even know what to call it. I want to use the word silly, but it doesn’t describe my perception as well as I want. Everquest and WoW are actually designed by the same person, me. Which is why it’s so irritating to see the games that were stolen from me also turned into garbage. I don’t care what people think of my claims. Now, I’m just a regular player like everyone else trying to get a game I play to be made better. The way it was meant to be.

I’ve seen delusion before, but, wow…