3sec Freedom vs Freedom?

The new PTR talent tree is out for paladin, everything looks so much better now and indont want to complain too hard but the fact Blessing of Freedom is in a shared node with Steed of Liberty really blows.

Everyone was so happy when we got Steed of Liberty but nownhaving to choose between it and a core class spell doesnt feel very good at all

Besides that im stoked with the changes.

5 Likes

Steed of liberty wont see play. Anyone who pvps at the bare minimun knows freedom and steed as separate cds is miles better thsn the lazy steed of liberty talent. Same with autosac

We got talentsfor the lazy added to the tree

1 Like

With snares and roots being nearly continously applied, it comes down to uptime of BoF, what option provides more walking matters, more so than ease of use of Steed of Liberty.

1 Like

I don’t know where but I seem to have read that Undound would target someone nearby with steed of liberty.

I think why it has a 3 sec effect is because tying it to steed gives you 2 charges of it.

I think it’s a fair trade if you want this effect when you steed.

I don’t think this will be taken a lot except on very specific situations in PVE.

And templar hero talents. It protects the first 3 seconds where it matters for them. You can also pair it with spurs to reduce that freedom cd further.

1 Like

I expect zero paladins who are at least half serious into pvp to take this.

Unbound freedom being jts own cd , having full control on it gives pvp ret a lot of value. Reason why unbound was bis since BfA

On the flip side there are situations in pve where you get rooted in something nasty. Being able to break roots and use steed in one gcd could be extremely useful.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure there will be applications here and there.

I personally don’t mind things like that as long as they are on choice nodes like this.

I feel like it will rarely be needed in PvE environments, but this is something I’ve heard constant requests for from PvP paladins.

At least as I’ve understood it, it’s not really “losing” Freedom either, since the most common complaint seemed to be that using Steed without Freedom was a wasted button press, and the main issue was having to use two GCD’s.