WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. Now, let’s see this terrible change reverted.

5 Likes

“never want to” does not mean “never will”
your comprehension skills need some work

Your thought process need some work, shill.

That reminds me, my monthly check from Blizzard is late. Gotta fix that.

What is meant by "You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances " what unique means? so i can enter 30 scarlet monastery dungeon and 30 shadowfang keep so like they are not unique i mean they are different dungeons i could enter 60 a day?

Hotfixes

July 8, 2020

WoW Classic

• Time-based instance limits are now enforced per-character.
    • Developers’ notes: The newer limit of 30 instances in a 24-hour period is an extension of the 5 instances per hour limit, which was tracked per-realm since it was first implemented in 2005. The intention behind both of these restrictions is to reduce the profits for new bots when they first come online and haven’t been removed yet. We’ve concluded that a per-character limit will be just as effective, while being less restrictive to legitimate players who have multiple characters on the same realm.
6 Likes

This will be alot better. Any word on if ZG and AQ20 not be included in the 30 instance lockout?

Have you considered altering the limit to be weekly (210) instead of daily (30)?

2 Likes

Good move, I guess all those people who thought the 30 cap per account was to disrupt " exploitative and automated game play were off the mark?

1 Like

Thank you for this change, i think it strikes a balance with what your goal of trying to keep the bot population down while also making it possible to farm for 6 hours in BRD Arena runs for SGC and then play an alt and do some dungeons afterwords without fearing of hitting my cap and being stuck with nothing but open world

I’m confused… is the hotfix only going to affect the 30/24hr cap or also the 5/1hr cap ?

1 Like

Since this is clearly a limitation for bots can we please get someway to bypass this as a legitimate player. Like maybe account authentication can remove the 30 cap on players? While this helps a bit…I only want to farm Blade of Eternal Darkness on one character.

6 Likes

Well that’s a nice change overall but it really seems silly this 30/24hr even got used.

I understand the attempt to slow down bots but it’s not really that effective from what I have seen.

Can we change it to a 210/week for the “weekend warriors” it would still be 30/day just putting 7 days together. This would also make setting a tracker system for players to see their instances used much more effective and simpler as it would be a weekly reset like raids so setting a tracker UI would be easier and less conveluted with the 24 hr tracker having to keep track of start times of every instance used.

Just a bit of advise to simplify a possible tracker system and make it easy to put into a UI.

3 Likes

I play on a locked realm where most of the bots are gone.
That means banned bots cannot join this server anymore.

Why would I be affected by this restriction?
If we’re all legitimate players on these realms now, we shouldn’t be targeted by that.

RIP all those arguments claiming the change was made to stop boosting.

2 Likes

Because by “take action” they mean banning. You’re confusing “take action “ with “affect.”

Now, if we could just get the quest chain for Seal of Wrynn to work…

Thousands of people watching the thread, waiting for a response, since… Sept? Wow.

2 Likes

As a hunter main I really agree with this. The strength of a hunter in PVP is not the raw output, it’s the utility and the team’s ability to utilize a hunter. They’re still the weakest PVP class because of their deadzone and range restrictions, but they can be incredibly deadly when their team utilizes their kit and doesn’t just tell them ‘shoot the healers from the back’.

We are all waiting with breath that is bated. I do recommend, everyone submitting a ticket and a bug report for Infiltrating the Castle. This is still ongoing.

2 Likes

July 22, 2020
WoW Classic

• On a realm that is currently layered, turning in Head of Onyxia, Head of Nefarian, or Heart of Hakkar will now start the event dialogue for each layer in which the NPC is currently alive.
4 Likes