30 Instance Limit Screws Feral Druids

Yet again the game wasnt really designed around there being alot of bots. You can make the argument about how the game was “supposed” to be but yet again, was there “supposed” to be a 30 instance cap?

1 Like

210 shots a week. Show me last week’s parses to see how many you used.

3 Likes

I know druids who parse better than him and don’t need to spend 6 hours a day farming MCPs.

6 hours in one day is more than enough time.

3 Likes

Clearly there was the intent to limit instance spam by the original devs putting in the 5 per hour lockout later. And that was all that was needed at the time.

Had the playerbase been so rediculously no-lifing in vanilla like they do in classic, its extremely likely it would have been nerfed. If players had been spam resetting dragonslayer, that would also have almost assuredly been nerfed. These are novel behaviors that do not fit with the original intent of the developer’s, caused by modern OCD-like gamers. If crowd pummeler had been abused like it is now, it would have been nerfed.

Honestly, just enjoy the game as is. The more people talk about these things, the more likely they are to be nerfed hard. Think AV premading. That was in Vanilla, we did it all the time using an addon to sync queue. Now its gone because 1. It was being used like never before, and 2. It spawned a bajillion threads.

Blizzard doesn’t change things to make unintended stuff easier. They nerf it.

6 Likes

It doesn’t take 6 hours to hit 30 instances.

Considering you can’t do more than 5 per hour, 6 hours is correct.

6 Likes

It absolutely does. Don’t start with that garbage /played nonsense. The total time is still 6 hours

9 Likes

Unless you also run instances on alts. It’s per account, not per toon.

You’re a rank 1 parsing feral druid? Yet you fail to understand what the real problem is. The real problem is feral druids best weapon to begin with comes from a level 30-35 dungeon. That’s the real problem.

The fix is obvious. Improve druid itemization, and possibly change some of their mechanics. Any other suggestion is down right missing the point entirely.

There is no world where somebody would enjoy having to farm gnomergan constantly to get their BIS weapon. Even if the drop rate was improved it’s still a huge design flaw.

I think what he’s saying is that he wants to be able to knock out his MCP farming in one day and not have to worry about it the rest of the week while still being available to do other instances. I can understand that.

With that being said, I’d argue that the whole MCP meta falls into the category of “unintended gameplay”. I don’t think this change was targeted specifically at feral druids, but I think Blizzard is fine with them being collateral damage.

6 Likes

Pretty much. Druids original design was to be 2nd rate at everything because they could do everything and that made them extremely powerful in the world.

It wasn’t till later Blizzard kinda realized that oops, versatility isn’t really rewarded in raid and that meant druid was pretty much just second rate for everything other than healing. TBC changed that.

3 Likes

Y’all need to listen to this man. They already have said they’re monitoring buff resetting.

And they do all that…in TBC.

1. He’s not rank 1. I don’t think he ever was. And it’s not pertinent to the discussion anyway.

2. Having to spend more than 1 day farming MCPs is no different than anything else in classic WoW. The pvp grind is a lot worse. You might as well petition to change the ranking system.

3. Again, it’s WOW Classic. It’s a flawed game. Look at world buffs, especially trying to coordinate WCB for all of your melee. Depending on how many horde priests or engineers you have, it can take up to 3 days to coordinate a ~70-100 dps buff for your melee and tanks.

Blizzard implemented a lot of quality of life improvements to this crap. It was called Wrath of the Lich King (TBC still had issues).

The point he is making is that he doesnt like how the 30 instance cap is limiting how much he is able to farm.

1 Like

The fact that this has to keep being repeated is mind-bending.

Blizzard is not going to buff anybody’s ability to farm a level 29 novelty item so that you can farm hundreds for raids.

The most likely outcome of all these threads is that MCP will be made unique if anything.

7 Likes

No, one of his points was to increase the drop chance of the MCP. That would be a bad change and would set a really bad precedent.

The 30 instance lockout doesn’t affect 99.99% of druids unless they happen to be ranking and can’t hit their cap till Monday. However the issue with that is that they are willing to spend more than 6 hours in a day farming MCPs then they should be able to hit their cap by Friday or Saturday like most other rankers.

I think you’re missing the point. It can take as little as 15 minutes to do 5 instances. You’re not sitting there doing dungeons for 6 hours straight.

Even if they were, they should be allowed to.

2 Likes

person that cares too much about irrelevant things resulting in subjecting yourself to slave away at the game.
The dungeon change is your Savior.

2 Likes

Good thing there’s 6 other days of the week that you can farm your MCPs.

2 Likes