30 ilvls higher but not an upgrade

No one does.

I’m stuck using this old tier set until I finish my 4pc T30 set. Even though my old pieces are 395-402, they’re all still better than any four pieces of non-tier 437 gear.

It’s a bit of a pain.

1 Like

Buddy, what are you even talking about?

If you knew what you were talking about you’d know that stuff like the Annulet and Eranog Ring make up more of a player’s damage when they aren’t performing at 100% of their sim value because they’re just random, non-scaling flat damage procs.

3 Likes

he’s getting 454 drops? How?

1 Like

Some classes will not replace a 408 Eranog ring with anything except a 421 Eranog ring as it currently stands. A 421 Eranog ring (Fire damage proc and everything) for these classes is the equivalent of a ~460-470 ring (same stats, no proc).

And if you think that’s nuts, you ain’t seen nothing. The Annulet for tanks and healers (as well as these aforementioned Crit/Vers stacking specs) will literally never be replaced this expansion until it gets nerfed. It’s the equivalent of a 530+ ring with BiS stats for any of these specs. That math has been done by numerous people already. You won’t even see 520 ilvl drops this expansion, but if you did see them they’d still be worse than the Onyx Annulet if you’re one of these specs.

So yes, we are in a situation where pieces that have an ilvl advantage in the realm of a couple dozen or more are not worth using. It’s not a universal one (SPriest, for instance, didn’t really use it back then and would lose large chunks of damage by running it now), but it’s a situation nonetheless.

2 Likes

And he’s complaining that, at most, 2 pieces of gear wont have to be touched the rest of the xpac?

1 Like

Well, it’s not “at most” is the problem.

There are a lot of trinkets that are miserable for their item levels.

This trinket right here, easily obtainable from a quest in Zaralek Caverns? It isn’t BiS by any means, but this trinket, capping out at 411 with no means of going any higher than that, is better for a Havoc DH than a huge amount of 441-447 trinkets.

There are trinkets in the 408-421 range that are better for SPriest than Sarkareth’s 450 trinket as well, by the way. And that trinket is absurdly good for some specs.

3 Likes

sounds like those classes just need to be nerfed to bring them more in line with the rest of the classes, if those trinkets and rings are so strong.

No you’ve got it backwards.

The reason these items are good isn’t because the spec has some particularly potent interactions with them, it’s because they don’t.

Rogues use the 424 ilvl annulet over anything not because the annulet is especially strong, it’s because secondary stats are so bad for that spec across the board that almost no reasonable amount of them would beat a flat damage proc.

So my spec that is already suffering should be deleted because my abilities do so little damage with two of my stats being completely dead that procs end contributing most of Outlaws damage? You’re delusional.

This does not happen because the class is overpowered lol. There’s a reason Rogues are scheduled for a rework and I’ll give you a hint it’s not to nerf them.

3 Likes

Where did you get the information? I stopped checking after 20, but the 20 hunters in all M Abberus parses are using the current season’s 4 set

Head, shoulder, chest, hands, pants, which one am I missing for the sixth piece?

we should make our own decisions, not rely on sims.

1 Like

you are bang on . Unerring vision of lei shen was bis all the way into brf then arcano crystal was awesome till antorous

1 Like

This exactly. Outlaw’s physical damage is so bad (because it doesn’t get multiplicative bonuses like Fury) that, in order to get high parses, you need a truckload of out-of-class damage procs just because they not only hit harder, but they’re magical and ignore armor.

Trust me. Not picking up any trinkets or out-of-spec damage procs sucks for Outlaw. Regardless of talent build.

Cloak slot used to be part of Legion sets iirc.

Cloak was added for legion, to allow you to use 2 legendries that happened to take tier slots, but in practice it ended up allowing 2set+4set and 2 legendries in non-tier, so it was removed when tier came back.

oh ya I forgot thanks for the reminder lol.

For feral, piece for piece my AoE build sim’ed 2-3k less with the season 2 tier set.

When I upgraded the set to 437 it sim’ed for 300 dps more than my current season one tier set. So I have to completely upgrade 4 slots just to get back to where I was at the end of season one.

3 Likes

How about just being happy that you got an item that’s lasted you so long? Wtf is wrong with people?

2 Likes