30 day game time

So i went to the store and bought $20 Battle.net balance only to find out after redeeming it that i cant actually buy 30 days time anymore? What the actual hell? You all didnt think to put that on the card when you made this change? Either find a way to make this right or its the last $20 i ever spend with activision or blizzard.

2 Likes

The change is relatively recent, the cards in the stores may have been in circulation for a while though, so it is not possible to recall and reissue that many cards. Sorry this caught you unaware though.

3 Likes

I don’t believe the card mentions any specific products or their prices. It simply states that redeeming it will apply $20 to your Blizzard Balance. This can be used to purchase various products across Blizzard games, not just Game Time for World of Warcraft.

The Blizzard Balance granted by the redemption of that card is still valid to use on our shop but I’m sorry if you were unaware of the changes to our offered products a couple of months ago.

It’s not something we’ll be able to offer you now.

5 Likes

The cards say for products and services, game time of course being a service. Of course if Actiblizz isnt interested in having me as a customer ill simply chalk this up to experience and eat the $20 bucks in the middle of a pandemic. Ill also make sure i let everyone know not to spend their money with blizzard of activision since its clearly a company that cant be trusted to maintain ethical business practices.

1 Like

This change was implemented nearly two months ago, posts were made about it. That you couldn’t be bothered to pay attention to the update isn’t Blizzard’s problem. Things are apt to change over time, and if you were uncertain then perhaps you should have checked the Blizzard store before putting money into the balance. Now, if you add $10 more to your balance, you can purchase a 60 day block of time for $29.99 (I believe that’s what it is.)

6 Likes

Products and services is correct. For example, you could purchase the Alterac Brew Pup ($10) but you could not purchase the Celestial Steed mount ($25). It is ultimately up to you, the customer, to know the availability and price of the product you want to buy and plan your Blizzard Balance purchase/charge-up accordingly.

In this case, you were not aware that the Game Time products available had changed and did not acquire sufficient Blizzard Balance to cover the cost of the currently available products.

While unfortunate and understandably a little frustrating, there’s nothing unethical about this. The change was announced in March and broadly covered by fansites. We made no attempt to hide this information or trick you into buying Blizzard Balance.

We won’t be able to extend to you the product you’re looking for as it is no longer available for purchase.

Regardless of what decision you come to about where you find your entertainment, I wish you all the best.

9 Likes