3 days back no one ever seen online?

I know it is probably the fact I have been gone a long time but owww

I have been back messing around debating if I should play again but the zones are dead for PC count in what used to be considered vanilla zones… 4 days 0 players in wyrmrest accord zones and shadow council servers…

Is there a server that actually has a living population?

Not sure if it is the new separation of leveling or what is up or if I am missing something…

The insane leveling performance probably wouldn’t help and ability to level within a few days in any generation of the game I guess but this feels like a single player game to me now so wondering if I should even bother with a monthly?

All my former max characters got squished to mod 30s levels as well since I think the last time I playes was 2018…

Just trying to figure out if there is a server/ zone option with life still…

I loved playing tanks and healers but if this is the population of the game I can see DPS players truly in issue if the server are this dead…

Is classic better off??

I literally have seen 0 players in the last 4 or 5 days of playing g several hours a day and wondering if this is normal now?

How long have you been away?

Levelling now happens in Chromie time, so players are phased.

A long while … legion middle of I think dec 2018…

Felt just dead on every server so was wondering… I love doing instances but if no one is playing really can’t do them making and MMO kind of a really bad high priced single player

So, wyrmrest isn’t what it use to be. To be honest, I would look into one of the full pop servers. The rest anymore just feel empty.

1 Like

In the current day and age, leveling just isn’t where most people spend their time anymore. And with Chromie Time phasing levelers away from those at max level, the fact is only reinforced.

I’d say to reserve judgment until you’re max level, but even then you’ll need to join a guild to see regular activity. If pure body count out in the world is what you’re looking for, WrA-A isn’t the best place for that. You’ll find a lot of people going about their business in Valdrakken (the current expansion main city hub) and in current content/quest zones, but that’s about it. For organized raiding/M+, arena/RBGs, or RP, you’ll need to find a guild. This will be the case no matter what server you go to more or less.

Unless of course, you’re looking to see a Stormwind packed shoulder-to-shoulder with RPers at any time of the day or night like many who have flitted through here have expressed the desire for. In that case, MG-A is pretty much the only place you’ll get that.

2 Likes

Leveling zones are pretty dead everywhere. You might seen 1-2 players on a high pop server, but probably not. I have a character I’m leveling on MG-A and I went through 2 entire zones last week, spotting no one. People are mostly already at max level with their mains.

If you’re looking for RP on WrA, it’s held in guilds, at events or in Duskwood for the most part. There are a few things that go on in SW, but they’re usually scheduled for 1 day out of the week or month.

I really think this is why Blizz is pulling the trigger on cross-server guilds, but if you’re leveling a tank or healer, try dungeon spamming. That’ll probably be your fastest method and you’ll see people. Otherwise, WoD is typically the recommended expac to level through due to speed.

3 Likes

Okay thanks for the input …

Like I said it just has been a while …

During BC you had people anywhere but though they used Shat a fair bit they were also in the old world cities

Then LK was often busy (sometimes crazy busy)

By Cata most were gravitating to Stormwind or Orgrimmar depending of factions …

When I left in Legion I think it was you could still see players moving around from time to time but mostly Dalaran again and main city and some questers in generalized areas for big quests and dailies …

I started a Druid in old world night elf (haven’t done that for over a decade) and there pleas nothing and no one still no one in fact and I only saw the one when I went to Ogrimmar with the nightborne lock I tried to get start and they were a night borne so like me just coming from the intro…

So it just seemed so wierd and quiet… strike up the crickets …

The only time I saw chat was the usual high jinx in trade chat in Ogrimmar…

Hence I was wondering if Blizzard had a server just for me or something

I know it is a thing of the past I guess but it used to be nice to group up randomly for tougher open world stuff but when there is no one sigh and shrugs

Even EverQuest 1 was busier when I logged in there but then they had us all funneled to start in that mine for rapid leveling in non time locked servers so was wondering…

I came back because I was reading how the graphics were so dated and had to check myself and they are fine since they aren’t supposed to be realistic graphics but stylized

I still like the old game just it is very expensive with monthly then expansion purchases if there is NO ONE out there

pre 20th level you really aren’t going to do instances or BGs or anything other than the rapid grind so I was worried and debating whether to bother spending on it…

I have too many character now too as I have no space on my servers to make new characters without a mass character dump and delete or starting a new account altogether (not sure I want to do that at this point)

I am just getting old and nostalgic for those old MMOs where you had crazy sprites and movement not managed by the computer…

I guess I might try a month or 6 and see if it get better as not sure I want to spend on yet another expansion at the end of the year which will mess up all my characters again cost more money and yet be another solo game set up…

Again thanks all for the info guys not being negative just an older bored guy who missed dungeons and instancing as well as the social game yet couldn’t find anything at all.

Peace and good playing all

1 Like

You can get dungeons by queuing in the dungeon finder. If you’re looking for people to do dungeons outside LFD, you have to be max level and do M+. The game isn’t about leveling anymore, and hasn’t been for a long time-- basically since BC, honestly, which is why they nerfed the vanilla leveling experience as far back as that.

The content is meant to be experienced at max level. There’s a plenty lively community of dungeon-goers. We just aren’t interested in doing piss-easy dungeons at a low level anymore. If you’re looking for more low-level dungeon stuff, you should probably try Classic Era or Season of Discovery.

There are so many versions of “How to play Warcraft” these days that I’m surprised I see anyone anywhere.

I appreciate wholeheartedly what Blizz is doing but they will need to start addressing it, on the other side. Sometimes I only have an hour or so to play on any given day.

They gave me Blunderstorm, I stopped playing retail.
They’re about to give me MOP: The Robyn Dancing on My Own Remix and I will stop playing retail.

I’m not able to play hours and hours a day like I used to.

That said, there is so much Warcraft in the universe right now, I’ve got people popping back up on my friends list that I haven’t seen in years. I got a RL call from someone a couple months ago who I hadn’t talked to since WoD, who is now playing Classic.

WE’RE BACK BABY but also, we’re back all over the place and Blizz what are you doing and I can only handle so much.

The world is empty also because players are all over the place at this point.

1 Like

Would it hurt if Blizzard time gated alt leveling? Like after 3 characters, you can’t just create a new one until the next season. Excluding paid max level thing.

Maybe every 3 weeks is the start of a new alt season. This way there is more people starting out in the early zones with new players. Even if you fall behind in leveling compared to the season you started in, in 3 weeks there will be a new wave of alts and new players rising up for you to level with.

1 Like

As someone who enjoys levelling alts just to quest, explore and relax… yes. Don’t really want time gated levelling. Personally, I enjoy levelling as a solo experience. If I want to do group stuff, and I often do, I’ll do intentionally group content like dungeons.

In the context of levelling, I would argue that it’s not a symptom of wow dying so much as a symptom of wow’s growth. Not necessarily in population, but in content and availability.

Timewalking campaigns are now phased, as has been mentioned, so the world is phased between people doing “in the past” levelling and “modern” levelling. But some people still level in old zones without being in the timewalking phases.

Importantly though… you’ve got to remember how very large the world has become.

Back in the day, even in Legion and BFA, there was still a linear progression when it came to levelling. Everyone did cata-revamp, then BC, then WotLK, then Cata, then MoP, then WoD, and so on. It was a set path, that everyone who wished to level had to tread.

Now there’s a lot more choice. You basically pick an expansion in which to level from 10-60. As of right now, that’s 8 different pathways to quest-levelling. And in some cases, like the old Cata-revamp zones, and hell even Northrend, there’s a lot of choice even WITHIN that expansion. I can level 2 alts from 10-60 entirely in Kalimdor and not even touch a common zone. There’s a LOT of choice. So it’s naturally going to divide up the playerbase.

Sub data has revealed a little bit of growth in WoW lately, so it’s not a case of wow being dead. It’s just a case of the game getting bigger.

6 Likes

yeah it would suck hardcore tbh

i don’t want to level with other players. i don’t even join other ppl’s groups in SoD and classic era. I want to be left alone with my audiobooks and video essays while leveling. i don’t want to be beholden to anyone else.

maybe if people want social groups to level together, they should form those social groups using the resources available to them.

4 Likes

The new players though. The history from cata to now is so vast, they might be disinterested in getting to the end. It’s worse if you go through the whole thing alone. Not to mention the speed of leveling is so fast that they don’t learn more than 5 buttons for battling. Unless they are interested enough to look up the proper techniques.

2 Likes

Honestly I think there’s a simple solution to the history problem. They should get rid of the current starting island and replace it with a journey through WoW’s history.

Imagine if the level 1-10 experience was an epic tale, narrated by Nozdormu perhaps, of each of WoW’s expansions up to the default levelling one (which will be Dragonflight, next expansion). A super abridged version, sure, but one where new characters are introduced to Ragnaros, C’thun and Kel’thuzad in the classic segment, Kael, Illidan and Vashj in the BC one, Malygos, Yogg Saron and the Lich King in Wrath, and so on. Maybe the quests revolve around killing Scourge and getting rid of plagued grain as Nozdormu introduces the concept of WOTLK, for instance.

It wouldn’t be easy to do. Summary would be necessary (and honestly adding in some lorebooks wouldn’t hurt) but it would at least orient new players into what they are currently doing, and frankly give them some incentive to play through those old expansions on alts at a later date. The Lich King sound interesting? Well guess what, you can level in Wrath! If the 1-10 experience was a recap of major story beats leading up to this point, it goes a long way towards making the whole levelling experience seem more streamlined.

If we really wanted to do something cool we could even have optional “intro experiences” for each Chromie-time expansion. Want to play through Wrath? Well level 1-10 is an epic reliving of the rise of the Lich King. Witness the fall of Lordaeron and Quel’thalas, the rise of the Forsaken, and Arthas’ quest to save the Lich King, in Warcraft 3! Want to play through Pandaria? Relive the tensions that led to Garrosh’s rise, the war between the factions, so on and so forth. Or perhaps they could just make it race specific. Play through the rise of the Forsaken, the Tauren-centaur wars, the impact of the First War upon Stormwind, etc. That might be a pipe dream, but it’d be a way to delve deeper.

8 Likes

yeah but since i started playing on my own account in cata, i learned very little from leveling. you don’t really learn your real rotation and how to pump numbers thru leveling. you don’t know your alternate specs through leveling. you might use different talents while leveling vs endgame and you don’t learn the nuance of rotations. What Sarestha pitched would be better than limiting alt leveling.

i also will continue to say that dota’s integration of player-written guides into the game itself to help other players, as voted on by the community, continues to be one of the greatest things in gaming. please implement it in every game. the game updates too much for the devs to do it, and frankly, most devs are not good enough at their classes as the mythic raiders that could teach more about said classes.

Guides could also be for “how to do the zones for the best lore experience” for new players, as that’s usually helpful.

1 Like

Now I’ve confused myself. What are levels good for at this point?

Step one: quest in Duskwood
Step two: make a new alt to quest in Duskwood again
Repeat step two as many times as desired

5 Likes

not much, that’s kinda why they sell boosts.

I enjoy leveling but I honestly think there’s a reason they let new players just start at the current expac.

1 Like

lol been playing lately and no end of players roaming online … switched servers and when I logged into my old server a few people in stormwind I was amazed…

It isn’t about grouping all the time as much as it is nice seeing the game is still alive…

People upset because I dare to question about groups i point out that YOU want x y or a in a game not everyone IS YOU…

Heck I even tried classic for a night as a Druid and that hurt I forgot how hard to was to find quests and gear up in vanilla with no icons on the map and yet it was a nice change…

Also spell resistance everywheee lol I forgot how hard it was to be a Druid early I. The game and solo and I played EQ 1 when it first came out and it was way worse in many ways…

I’m reading back over this, and like, did anyone get upset because you asked a question? I’m not seeing that. On the contrary it seems like people have been… answering your question?

2 Likes