3 day early access for The War Within expansion if you buy $90 epic edition

Early access for D4 was disgusting, but having to pay $90 to get 3 days early access to a progression based MMO is criminal.

8 Likes

Itā€™s bad, and selling beta access on top of it. Thatā€™s even worse. Thought they would have learned their lesson from MoP.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be getting the epic for sure at some point. Looks like a whole lot more goodies than the last couple xpacs

Lol, the whales win again.

I wonder if 3 days is enough to farm mats and ruin the economy/game for casuals.

Play games that donā€™t have P2W in them.

Donā€™t play the ones that do.

5 Likes

Expansion launches were always a very special time, when everyone started their leveling experience at the same time. 3 days or not, this is not good. Greed prevailed.

13 Likes

That is a scummy thing, especially if crafting will be the same.

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to be a mess. Players are going to feel compelled to purchase to be competitive. Time is money.

3 Likes

EA will provide 0 advantage, so its really just some extra money from people who donā€™t want to wait.

Let it burn, I guess Iā€™m done with retail tbh.

Theyā€™re giving me Season of Discovery, which wonā€™t cost anything, and thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a $50, $70 and $90 version and only the $90 comes with 3 days of early access when no other version in the 20 year history of the game has split the playerbase onto different start dates. Metzen did not save us.

5 Likes

I usually just buy the cheapest pack and then use Blizz bucks to upgrade.

No, itā€™s a huge advantage. Easier access to crafting mats, more time to get geared, and jump into endgame. Saying itā€™s no advantage is extremely naive.

9 Likes

This,

EA for a MMO is a really bad idea

7 Likes

Typical corporation speak.

You shall agree to pay us for early access which you also acknowledge might not actually give you early access

Iā€™ll prolly buy it.

Apologies for the off topic question, but do any of you remember when they said theyā€™d open that Q&A forum???

Incorrect.

Raid and M+ are going to be out at the same time for everyone. Any ā€œadvantageā€ you have will dissipate in a matter of hours.

4 Likes

aw man and here i just got myself broke after buying blizzcon stuff and 12 month sub, oh well perhaps next month

3 day head start on leveling, 3 day head start on gearing, 3 day head start on professions, 3 day head start on any exploits that will be fixed for the non-payers so the payers get a insane advantage.

11 Likes

I already preorder so >.>

Terrible, Scummy idea. This is GAME BREAKING! Nothing but a cash grab. This is a stab in the back Blizzard.

6 Likes