Deleted Thread

Background processes?
Resolution?
Ray tracing?

whats your graphics settings and your resolution set at? Are your drivers all fully installed? Adjusting these can do massive things to your framerate.

I average at 60 frames on my old rig in the plains. It’s an old ryzen 1700 and a 1080 ti playing on a 1440 monitor. the settings are at like a 7 and it looks like trash compared to my new rig.

My ‘newer’ rig is currently not in use because something happened to the mobo and I am awaiting a replacement via mail. Nothing else is damaged thankfully. I checked everything else using a friend’s stuff I am too cheap/poor to justify having at home

I never have issues having like 30 tabs open in Chrome, browsing Pinterest while I play, along with watching movies and running other things. But for this I have closed all of my background processes and had nothing but Discord and WoW running.

Resolution is 1680x 1050

Turned on to max, but disabling it only granted me an average of 20 FPS just now.

Well if its turned off that is good news for you, watch your performance BOOM once its turned on especially the fact that you only have 16gb’s right now, also with any addons you are trying to run extra with all that, and there you go, what kind of (hard drive do you have?) (HDD or SSD?) that can also have an effect on how you render new zones as the computer could be trying to “download it” in the background.

It’s an HDD.

Is this a prebuilt or custom built? If it’s custom built, what case?

Prebuilts are notoriously built like coffins with almost zero airflow, which causes elevated thermals which causes your components to throttle themselves and run at a fraction of their maximum speed. Custom built towers are less susceptible but a lot of builders fall into the trap of buying glass coffin cases which are pretty but can’t breathe.

Shouldn’t matter for frame rate.

Is your ram in a single or dual channel setup?

1 Like

Wait why are you running 1680x1050 resolution? at least run 1080, that shouldn’t affect your performance that much over 309,600 pixels

I think i have to much airflow during the winter time wish i would have gotten less fans 6 fans is over kill for my rtx 3060 ti.

Yes, that as well, I’m sure if it was pre-built then it is. I’m assuming that this machine was a pre-built though.

1680x1050 was a common resolution for monitors of yesteryear, probably just an old monitor.

2 Likes

$2,000 4 years ago doesn’t mean anything when your hardware is now two generations behind.

Hey, I have one of those glass coffin cases, but Mine is actually well ventilated with spacers.

2070 super was only released in mid 2019, so it’s not actually that old.

Oh one of those funky semi-open things? Those look neat but I was always worried about the dust those would collect. With my mesh case when I clean its filters every 6 months or so it’s almost like cleaning a dryer lint filter lol.

there is nothing wrong with the RTX 2070 SUPER, people over analyze GPU’s and neglect all the other functions like ram and Hard drive types and speeds. 2070 will be good for another 4 years on top of being great Right now. If you bought a 3090ti then you got robbed unless you are doing the robbing with it.

Prebuilt

Single

That’s my actual monitor size lol. I’m not too picky about screen sizes.

I mean, my computer has gotten me through the worst of things just fine, never lagged in a game until now. It was the newest release kind of build when I bought it a couple years ago and it hasn’t failed me with anything yet.

I still don’t think it has because I kind of feel like the issue is the amount of players in the Zone right now and I’ll wait until night time to see how it is.

I just feel happy to see so many people bolstered to provide aid and help. Restores faith in humanity lol
 I’m not complaining, learning stuff. Didn’t know 16 GB was the minimum now, that was pretty fast.

Definitely take a look at thermals then, chances are your components aren’t getting enough air.

My point is that $2,000 on a 4 year old device is not the same as a $2,000 device bought now. The price was irrelevant to share.

1 Like

The tower itself is built with a very ventilated pattern, holes everywhere, my biggest concern has been getting dust in it, not overheating really.