2H vs Sword/Shield Tanking

How about this non-hypothetical. 2H dps tanks health bars are yo-yos and it’s not fun to spam heal to keep them alive.

2 Likes

Anyone who needs 2H as a crutch because they can’t hold aggro with S + S is bad. Time to take off the training wheels and learn how to tank properly.

2 Likes

Sounds like someone plays with bad dps or dps that is waiting far too long to kill things.

1 Like

It’s about a 10% difference in damage taken.

Anyone who needs a S+S to tank leveling instances is bad. Time to take off the training wheels and learn how to clear instances twice as fast like a pro.

2 Likes

I’m level 60

Im seen your video . you are bad . sorry . btw I don’t 2h tank I dw tank

1 Like

Ok, so you jump into the middle of a discussion in which 95% of the people are talking about leveling content and radiate arrogance and ignorance at the same time. Fine work.

Where’s your video. I want to see how a pro does it. Nice gear btw

Edit: Really post a vid of you soloing those 2 elite dwarves. I wanna see how much hp you have left at the end. My bet? You can’t even do it without using sunder, disarm, conc blow, other cooldowns. You’re bad

Any reason you never touch sunder armor? You only pool rage for SS, despite the fact it would do more if you were at 5/5 sunder.

I also never used disarm, conc blow, etc. Not necessary for a demonstration that 2H tanking isn’t viable

pretty sure you were in beserker stance . which isnt tanking :slight_smile:

Post a vid of you soloing 2 elite dwarves with duel wield noob

Sunder = greater dps = mob dead faster = less time taking damage which is bigger on 2h than 1h. Additionally no talents set up for 2h tanking means the same.
Again your experiment is bad.

Post a vid of you soloing 2 elite dwarves with 2H

inb4 why he can’t and why “it wouldn’t matter anyway because…”

Ill post a video of me fishing , that would be more exciting lol

So you can’t do it. Bye noob

1 Like

You know i could twist your words and go smash through gnomer and kill 4 elite dark iron dwarves right?

Besides what does soloing have anything to with how effective a tank is for a group?

As to if i can DW to kill what you killed, probably, but i don’t know that i care enough to try, but maybe.

It’s a test of mitigation. If you can kill them before you die it is proof of your ability to mitigate damage. You won’t be able to with 2H or dw tanking. Waiting for your video

The best solution to your problem is to have a feral druid tank your dungeon.

Geared warriors can pull off 2 hand tanking level 60 dungeons. However, most of you warriors out there reading this and doing this are not geared and are likely not great players. According to the forums every tank is a hero with monstrous threat while topping the damage meters. The reality is that most guys going 2 handed are paper tanks who still don’t generate great threat.

So for most of you my advice would just be to stop. You’re only embarrassing yourselves.

1 Like