2H vs Sword/Shield Tanking

Good response. Typical lazy Shift fashion.

Let me guess, you’re gonna link me a thread I made weeks ago?

1 Like

It’s really interesting to listen to warriors talk crap about their healers and “big threat bro” but I bet money none of these “pro warriors kekw” have thorium shield spikes or force reactive disks or other items like a proper mainhand for threat tanking. Truth is they suck at holding threat because they aren’t itemized correctly in the first place so they slap on a 2h to cover their marginal tanking and carry on, looking at anyone else to blame but themselves

Oh did I mention dynamite?

Just simply get good lmfao

2 Likes

Berserker stance and battle stance have a built in 20% thread reduction.
STOP IT.

2 Likes

because while leveling if you get 4 warriors with 2hnders and a healer you need no tank and at max lv the damage isnt high enough for most instances to require a shield over duel wield if you are basically Bis

thorium shield spike adds about 1% dps cause most your tanks are fury warriors and only have 5% block chance force reactive disk eats a point of durability 50% of the time it blocks so you want tanks to break their shield every dungeon and dynamite cost gold

Wait I thought you guys were all about try harding? Obviously, the best possible meta is a sword and board tank who uses dynamite and reflect items

All of sudden I bring up spending gold and there’s pushback.

It’s pretty easy to figure out you guys are simply terrible at the game not because you’re going for the optimal meta.

The meta is warriors who know how to play, using engineering to supplement threat. If you don’t fit that description you’re not the meta

3 Likes

no the best would be duel wield which is the highest TPS a warrior can do you gain more rage by taking more damage

lol

I’m out of here

Try getting good

1 Like

you will never gain more tps from a shield spike over the extra rage gain by offhand and damage taken kid only way this would be possible is mass tanking with a reflector i actually got a great idea why dont you burn a mana pot every pull

That -16% hit chance must be great for rage gain.

1 Like

Lol “MATH”

It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with experiment, it’s wrong.

R. Feynman

My video shows that there is a massive difference in the damage taken with 2H vs. S + S. You’re supposed to use shield block.

2H tanking is fun we do it in every dungeon. I only put a shield on for hard hitting bosses… Baron Rivendare and UBRS etc.

Damn there’s a lot of people that have no idea what they are talking about in here or are mixing up different problems.
DW fury/prot loses some parry, 10 def, and 4% armor and no other mitigation from the protection tree(depending on choices you make). Tank should be swapping to shield after initial aggro if they are being smacked up.
2H tanking is great for similar reasons and has even more mitigation than DW. Same rule applies, if you are getting hurt too much, shield time.
Prot threat generation is… something to be desired at times and leaves you with few options if you do have better gear, basically forcing you to pretend to 2h/DW tank without any of the tools.

Additionally your tanks are doing this because of your dps. Lots of dps give tanks half a second to get aggro, ignore kill order, use burst abilities first, won’t kite/drop aggro/stun when this backfires.

I also saw someone suggest tanks are tanking in not defensive stance. No. No no no.
Briefly for an ability? Yeah. Beyond that, that would be beyond dumb unless you are only there to taunt for kiting mages while dpsing or 4 dps warrior + healer, so a premade group with a plan.

Ive never heard of 2h tank??? i heard of fury prot, Deep prot and impale thats it.

Oreo, some people trying to use 2h with impale build through whole dungeons and not caring what’s happening to their health. Not knowing when to switch from easy vs hard packs.
That or dps warriors just “tanking” while leveling up.

Why not just use both?
Its not like you cant write a simple macro to switch shield on harder pulls or if your hp is falling too quickly

1 Like

that makes the part of my brain that controls my tank skills hurt.

1 Like

If they don’t die then who cares. The run will be slower because healer will be using pots more due to having to heal more.

If the tank keeps dying because healer cannot keep them alive due to excessive damage then time to disband and find a new group.

I myself will find if I use shield I can lose threat to dps easier and if taunts on cooldown they could get gibbed and that slows down run even more.

Often I will pop death wish to hold agro .

Yeah, like how you gonna get walloped? Just swap your weapon sets.

This situation is happening because tanks are bad, dps are going wild on the opener, and healers feel like they shouldn’t have to drink or are being inefficient with heals.
So basically people that don’t keep in mind how well their party is doing / how good they are or are geared, and playing like it’s a single player game. Everyone wants to point the finger anywhere but at themselves.

1 Like

Agreed, Ive fallen prey myself to having my usual guilds healers but not the mage and rogue im used to and having to stop dual wielding and start sword and board because they dont have spacial awareness to not pull a pat and stack beside me or what not but i mean full out dying because of a single pat is just bad tanking.