2h enh shaman in tbc

Hi,
I like the concept of a 2H axe/mace wielding enh shaman, I was wondering if its still a thing in tbc? Im mainly looking to have some fun in bgs and arena skirmishes with him. Was wondering if ppl can share their thoughts on it. ty

One of the big problems with enhancement in Classic is the inconsistency of windfury + 2h weapon. They lean to dual wield in tbc and it really becomes the meta. Dps is much more consistent as a result.

Windfury is such a strong ability dual wielding is a better choice for more chances for it to proc. 2Her could land some juicy hits but you’re pretty much gambling with RNG.

But when it hits…

And yeah, they changed it to haste instead of being an extra proc due to the unpredictable nature. I think that was a WotLK change, if memory serves.

It erases!!!
It deletes!!!
It reformats!!!
It. . .

Ok, I am out of analogies.

6 Likes

it still is, but it isnt as consistant for damage.

2h is still good in pvp where you get someone low and swap to a 2h and hope to pow pow them off the face off the earth.

I’d probably level with a 2h weapon, if it’s possible. You’ll connect more hits, and one less weapon to worry about.

I think we will have to up till we get dual wield anyway.

But yea. . I’m a gonna swing two axes!!! Well, till I hit the portal, then Ele/Resto. At max I will be going Ele and gladly go resto if needed by my guild.

I mained prot pally during the first go around and I had my fill of looking at feet and crotches back then.

1 Like

It’s still a thing. It’s not until WotLK that they outright dropped supporting 2-handed-weapon enhancement shaman.

Even so, Dual Wield enh is superior. You get more PPM on your WF and thus, far more damage out of it, plus you get to add SS to your rotation, which requires two weps.

Ss does not require 2 weapons. It will hit with both if you are dw.

I’m actually lvling using frost brand weapon and I find it much more enjoyable then wind fury. But dungeons I use wind fury so I can randomly flex on a mob with 100 hp

From what I remember back in the day I was very disappointed in 2h WF compared to original wow, 1.6ish, but hell, as something to play around with… /shrug, it’s just a video game, and a remake at that. Do what you want and have fun with it, because pretty soon they’ll have wrath classic, then Cata classic, etc!!

Rockbiter is definitely better with a 2h, and there’s still testing to be done with Rockbiter MH vs. Windfury MH 40+.

1 Like

I love watching malderon and defcamp shaman vids for this very reason

I sit in the Shaman discord, a lot more discussion takes place there.

stormstrike doesn’t require two weapons till cata.

It’s much of a muchness tbh. Yes you will occasionally explode something but most of the time you’re waiting for that moment. Dualwield is just more consistant damage.

Dual wield is more dps and more consistent. 2H has no place in PVE, and is just rolling the dice for lucky huge hits in PVP, but I guess that makes it “still a thing.”

Yeah, I guess you are right there. The tooltip just says attacks with both weapons. Not that it requires both. Still doesn’t change the fact that DW will output more raw damage.

Really the only reason you might swap off is if you get the stun mace crafted out of Black Smithing to meme a bit in PvP.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.