Wow classic cost?

Will wow classic be like diablo 3 were I pay up front for the game(40-60$) and get to play it as much as I want?

6 Likes

So far we know that you can access classic and modern for the same sub fee. Its hard to say if there will be a box cost requirement or not for access to classic. There could at least end up being a CE option available though even if there is no other cost involved other than the sub fee.

I would rather have a box cost than a sub fee, the sub fee is why I quit modern wow in the 1st place.

6 Likes

I’ll pay whatever the cost is. Unless I’m mistaken this is already set. You sub and you get Classic and Retail.

9 Likes

This is what was announced at Blizzcon. “Classic is free with an active WoW sub.”

9 Likes

I hope they do provide a CE option though for those that would wish to purchase it.

7 Likes

Yes, I would gladly pay 40-60$ in a one time transaction to play the game, I how ever refuse to pay any more monthly extortion rates.

2 Likes

Then you won’t be playing Classic.

21 Likes

Or retail is free with a classic sub.

Or you pay a sub and get both.

4 Likes

One nice thing is that we can use gold from retail to pay for sub in classic. From now until classic release my goal will be to farm as much gold as possible from BFA to pay for my time on classic.

3 Likes

Well then, at this time we won’t see you in classic.

5 Likes

The 8 ball says “ask again.”

How does this keep becoming a question? Blizzard clearly stated it will come with your retail sub. Download, sub to retail, play one or both.

10 Likes

Because people want an answer to the question of will there be another way to play it, I know they said it will be free with the monthly extortion payments for the modern game, but will we whom don’t agree with that buisness model have a way to play it by simply purchasing it like how we did with warcraft, diablo, warcraft 2, diablo 2, warcraft 3, diablo 3, and over watch when one buys a game they should have the ability to own it not rent it.

So it won’t be free, you’ll have to pay the monthly fee for it. And as a bonus you can also play retail.

3 Likes

Don’t be a troll the cost is for the retail wow just like it always has been.

2 Likes

The fact you call it an extortion fee is hilarious. Servers don’t run themselves. WoW gets patched with new content and each patch has a lot of content in it.

But yeah, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

15 Likes

All that is covered by the 70+dollar expansion box.

But it’s not.

2 Likes

What 70+ dollar box cost?

3 Likes