Would you kindly, Blizzard, NOT change my forum posting character?

This has been bugging annoying me every-time i log in the forums after the forums, for some reason, mysteriously logs me out* and when i log back in and i’m a different character. I don’t want to post on my mage, i don’t want to post on my Warlock, i just want Baridorielor. … And follow up question, why is he at the bottom of the list?.. Shouldn’t he be the top cause he’s my most used character for forums? Is there an option i missed? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know this is a 30 second fix, but this is a thing that keeps happening to me. And no, i always open the forums in a normal window in Mozilla.

Has this ever happened to other people now that i think about it? give your answer here.

* I should specify this is an uncommon-rare occurrence to me, i figured to bring this to attention to the sheer overall amount that has happened to me.

14 Likes

Obligatory and obvious “small indie game development company” comment.

I have the same problem if I get logged out and have to log back into the forums. I pretty much know that I’ll be logged in as some random character and need to check it, which sometimes I forget to do.

So so embarrassing to “/moo” on, say, an undead toon.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

It’s because when you log out and log back in, the accounts get refreshed and updated. So for example, this is my alt, and iirc it displays as 111, when it’s actually 112 because I leveled it a bit the other day. If I were to log out and log back in, it would be updated.

I think also it technically counts as a new character? That might just be if you faction/race change though.

I hardly do those changes, the last i done it was back somewhere in 2017-2018. i might have to double check, i might be way off.

I mean i guess it has a reason, but shouldn’t it keep track of the last character you have selected? Many times when i’m somebody else, i thought this toon was banned, when really he’s just sitting at the bottom of the list.

A Nelf chooses, a Belf obeys.

1 Like

I mean i guess it has a reason, but shouldn’t it keep track of the last character you have selected?

That’s what makes me think it’s a “new” character every time it refreshes. I recently lost a bunch of notifications when I last relogged this account, so I just don’t do it unless I have to.

The website has been having problems for the last few hours. Its obviously someone at Blizzard messing with you though. Good thing you let them know via the forums.

3 Likes

The “Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.” error?

What is exactly going on? DDoS Attacks or were close to Launch day of Classic? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

As for why the forums keep mysteriously keeps logging me out … at least i know the reason why it’s doing it to me today if either of those or something else is the case. As for other times, as what Kyrrena said, could be the accounts updating, which… besides them being slow to update to have my forum character reflect my armory which in turn reflects my char ingame after i log, i never had that issue? or maybe i did and it’s how the system works where if your online while your toon is updating it would boot you off. That’s my guess.

2 Likes

The solution is pretty simple… Don’t log out of the forums.

1 Like

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave…

4 Likes

I never do actually, as i said in my second sentence in my second paragraph…

Opps sorry… Hmm strange I’ve not had that issue then. I have been having slowness issues with the forums.

Back when they first launched the new forums I was having a problem with this character staying ‘logged in’ on the forums… but eventually resolved that and causing the last character I logged into showing as my posting character by actually logging into the game.

Best of luck.

1 Like

I almost entirely browse forums from my phone and this happens occasionally to me too. It will switch to the most random low level characters I haven’t touched in forever when I log back in.

Would be nice if there was an option to set a default character or main.

1 Like

I just had that happen to me but first time - there is a problem with the forum - happened last classic stress test day as well.

1 Like

Happens to me now and again, OP. Just had to log in and switch from my least played character to this one. It always switches to my rogue, my latest use of a free boost.

I have no proof, but it’s possible the auto log off is to combat former players that aren’t subbed yet are capable of posting. I know once it auto logged me off when I had cancelled my sub at the start of BFA, I could no longer post; that was after weeks of posting privileges.

I think today has been an exception cause I believe there has been some massive load on forums due to a DDOS attack, just a hunch so your logins may have been reset.

Happens to me all the time. Though today things are broken all over it seems.

It happens to everyone I guess. Seems your “permanent” login expires after a while. Not sure about the duration but maybe twice a year I have to relogin. Sometimes the character changes when that happens.

It’s because this forum engine is from some indie company, not Blizzard’s fault.

It happens every now and then when characters get updated when you log in.

There was a time when Blizzard decided to pick a character I have not played with for in nearly a decade. I was like. “Oh yeah that one exist.”

Learn to forum!

Seriously, though. It happens to me too. Really weird when it does.

1 Like