Would you kindly, Blizzard, NOT change my forum posting character?

Funny thing, after I posted I got a 502 error - topic not found because of connections, or something. Then it came back. Had to change character, tho Vixie was on the top line. Sporadic outage happens.

It’s definitely acting goofy.

It’s very rare, but today it’s happening a lot. It’s just messed up right now. It doesn’t really seem to have a preference to which character it’s choosing when I log back in, just random. RNG forum character? Hehe

Hopefully it stays a rare thing!

1 Like

The forums are collapsing under the weight of the vocal minority.

1 Like

Website Bug Report Forum

Not in Blizzard’s control. The forum software is Third Party design.

Nah I don’t think it’s got anything to do with a DDOS. The last time it happened was because of Classic testing. The server went down and so everyone came here to see what was going on, when it’s coming back up, to chit chat and pass the time, etc. Well basically the same thing has been happening again. Stress testing for Classic has been going on again and the server has been off and on, up and down for a while. It’s quite literally what the message on the forums say…they’re overloaded. Too many people here. That in turn causes you to be logged out. The issue of having a different character being selected upon logging back in happens almost every single time you’re logged off. Why that happens, I have no idea. But for today, it’s just a product of the forums being completely overwhelmed.

2 Likes

:wave: Hey all, sorry to necro this topic! I just wanted to say thanks for the reports everyone, and we released an update today that we believe should fix the last of the “random character selection” issues.

We’ve also done a number of performance improvements to handle high load, and will continue monitoring and optimizing.

17 Likes

I never log out so don’t encounter this problem. Why are you logging out ?

So does this mean we will be able to use the forum next week when classic releases ?

I’ve been randomly forcibly logged out. I posted yesterday and was met with an error box that informed me I’d been logged out, and it then switched to a lvl 80-something DK alt when I logged back in.

1 Like

:+1: thanks for the heads up Blizzard

Oh, Thanks! :+1: