2/3 monk specs are last in raid

Friendly Reminder:

No no no, monks can’t have our uplift back because paladins now want it. What paladins want they get and same goes for druid and mage. Blizzard has favorite classes and classes they hate. Unfortunately, monk is 1 of the classes that blizzard hates. I also think surv hunter / sub rogue are another set of specs that blizzard dislikes. we have 6 healers, 4 of which can be in a raid. Why piss off the most populated classes like druid / paladin when you can piss off the monk class that has barely any representation. Remember Blizzard is a company with customers that they must appease. You’d do well to remember your a second class customer in Blizzards eyes.

This also explains why healing monks will get nothing they wanted/need for SL like uplift or chi system back.

5 Likes

I… I thought the chi system was coming back for healers. Did they change it again?

It was never coming back. Who told you that? Just go watch the videos of MW monk in SL alpha. The MW monk will still be an essence font spamming and tiny heal healing non-threatening damage based healer. We will still be in the same boat for SL if raids are still full of spike dmg.

1. Our mana costs are still through the roof.
  2. Our healing is based on essence font.
  3. Mana tea is still on the GCD. Like what?
  4. We still only have a max of like 6 RM’s or something.
  5. Maybe revival might be good??? I doubt Blizzard will buff it to be up to par with other healing cd’s
  6. life cocoon is still meh for pve.
  7. I don’t think our mastery will be any better. Like right now who is stacking mastery right? No1
  8. Rising mist will still feel meh. Honestly, why not buff Rising mist to extend hots by 6sec up to a max of 200% or something. Also make rising mist feel good like uplift when it heals. Like right now, if rising mist was 200% I think we might be able to heal like a paladin or a priest.
  9. Another thing, we almost never cast Enveloping Mist in raids or soothing mist.

Just a few things to think about while we go into SL

1 Like

Yeah I read something wrong. Really unfortunate

Another Alpha update and nothing for monks.

They really don’t seem to care about monks, at all.

2 Likes

all i heard was a rebalance of monks dps with a 20% overall reduction coming in shadowlands

only play brewmaster but i sure was pissed start of this expac when they ruined my favorite windwalker rushing jade wind. loved that endless aoe proc best thing for rare farming around

3 Likes

Or shamans…

3 Likes

Shamans are not even close to the bottom right now on any spec. Ele and Enh are are both easily in the middle of the pack in terms of dps. Resto being the 3rd best healer in mythic raiding. Thinking shamans are in a bad spot right now is a joke. The only problem enh shaman has atm is trying to compete with DH / warriors /rogues for a spot in raid. At least on the alpha enh / ele are getting changes.

Right now WW is looking to be 3rd worst melee in raids which is better than being the worst melee right?

MW monk is the worst healer by over 20% with no utility in raids and worst healing CD.

Brewmaster is the only decent monk spec right now.

SUB rogue is the worst by far and should be looked at! They could buff sub rogues by 30% and it still wouldn’t be enough. That is sad.

Surv hunter needs help.

However, Blizzard will not fix any of these specs due to the low representation of each spec. I hope Blizzard listens and fixes the specs that need work. Its not they listen to mages, paladins and priests. But what about the rest of us?

5 Likes

Mana Tea being on GCD has always felt incredibly broken. I wonder if anyone at Blizzard has ever played the class end-game because it feels super bad.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting R Sham on M+ isn’t doing too hot.

No it not worth noting being that Rshaman is healing about near the same and still has amazing CD’s. Why do you think Rshamans are taken on progression fights. People that think Rshamans have it bad have no clue. Look at how many Rshamans have killed N’zoth vs MW monks.

At least ur wanted.

As of post-nerf II
1072 Resto shamans have killed Mythic N’zoth
186 MW monks have killed Mythic N’zoth
Also more Resto shamans have killed M N’zoth than holy priests + Resto druids + MW monks.

I’m not Resto.

My argument has not been that MW in Mythic raid is good. There’s no denying it’s bad, comparatively.

My argument has been there’s plenty of contexts for each spec to fight for a decent representation regardless of what content you choose to pursue. Further, every class has what seems to be its ‘red-headed stepchild’ spec that seems to be gutted or otherwise ignored for the sake of benefitting the other specs.

If you want to dominate the mythic raid scene as a Monk, Brewmaster is the choice, just as much as Fire is the choice for mage. You could go Arcane, sure… But good luck. Would it be nice to close the gap, yes, absolutely. But Blizzard has only FRUSTRATED attempts since this raid launched - they have not enabled attempts. At this point, the patch (and the expac) are not worth the investment to the company. All of their effort, except for what’s immediately broken (monk 900k HPS) is and should be focused on their upcoming product launch.

The thing that most people don’t understand is that what makes MW really bad currently (not just throughput) is not getting fixed. There is a reason why Rshaman / Holy pally / Disc priest will continue to dominate the Mythic raiding in Shadowlands.

Also I hate when people say that BRM is waiting for me. I don’t wanna tank, I don’t like tanking. I don’t wanna dps. I wanna heal. I wanna heal at close to Rdruid or even Holy priest levels. So at least if I can heal like the other throughput healers I would be considered. This is assuming there is not another holy pally to take the spot. Cause lets be honest, two Hpallies would be better.

1 Like

I agree that the spread between the top class builds and the bottom class builds is inexcusable, and has been for 15 years.

Class auras are probably the closest the game has come to balance because you wanted good representation in the raid of each spec.

The nature of the game is numerical. Yet most people don’t waste any time with math. They go to the nearest sim and ask someone who did spend some time mathing it out what they should do. Nobody picks their preferred talents. Nobody takes their preferred stats or corruptions or traits. Nobody is going to take which covenant they most enjoy or want to experience as a story (for the most part). Almost every player is going to ask “what sims the best, so I know what to take”.

That’s wholly because the gap between the top and the bottom is poorly managed, and there’s no reason to diversify spec representation in a raid. You take the best, highest simming, flavor of the month classes as a priority set. The game has become wholly devolved around combat and encounter design that none dare play the game without consulting a simulation first… That’s on Blizzard to figure out. And you’re right. They haven’t figured that one out in 15 years. I don’t see them solving it in Shadowlands either.

1 Like

I’m taking ardenweald either way at this point tbh.
Your post is exactly why Blizzard should never release another class. And I will say being a MW monk, I feel 100% better when looking at sub rogues lol. I’d like every1 who reads this to go check out SUB rogues for Mythic Nyalotha and let blizzard know that is not okay. ITs even less okay than MW monks tbh.

Also quick mention SURV hunter same as sub rogue.
True BM is OP right now

1 Like

This is most likely due to rDPS being preferable to avoid mechanics and maintain damage uptime over the course of a fight. Even the gap between Beast Mastery and Marksman is noteworthy, with BM having vastly superior mobility while maintaining DPS.

A lot of people in rogue forums asking for ranged rogue, but that would do the same thing for rogue that I think is observed for Survival.

There’s no reason to play melee when they have higher risk and lower uptime if the damage on ranged classes are tuned equally (or in some cases better).

2 Likes

I would take dps logs with a grain of salt this week since there was some pretty significant changes done over the last day or so.

From WCL discord:

The following changes are occurring on Hivemind, Carapace and Nzoth, and everything is going to be a bit wonky for the next day or so as things get rebuilt:

(1) Drone damage (non-Ravagers only) is being removed from Hivemind.

(2) Antigens and cysts are being removed from Carapace.

(3) Damage absorbed by the Fury of Nzoth by Synthesis is being removed from Carapace.

(4) Psychus bonus damage is being removed.

The process for updating the partition will go through stages, and ranks wil look low until this completes:

(1) Reports will start updating to reflect the correct lower dps numbers

(2) Once I am confident reports are correct, rankings will be recrawled, and all of the global rankings will be regenerated.

(3) After this recrawl completes, I will rebuild the historical record for Nzoth, Carapace and Hivemind.

Since (2) will take 8-12 hours, things will be wonky probably until late Thurs night or Fri afternoon

Please do your part to direct confused folks to this announcement as they come in to report bugs. Thanks.

Step 1 has finished, reports are now being recrawled to generate the correct “today’s” rankings for everyone (step 2)

A lot of DPS padding has been removed which is good news for WW since the only fight we could realistically pad on was N’Zoth with the interaction with Psychus and ToD.

Another thing is the corruption vendor hasn’t made a full cycle yet. Arms Warrior is only top because they had access to expedient 3 before mages had a chance for masterful 3.

Please just stop. Dont know who you watching but Rshamans are not brought for prog fights. We all agree that WW needs some damage tuning and mists need a raidwide cd that actually works and their mastery fixed, but if you arent top mythic guild, who cares and at this point - tier has been over for quite some time.

Um, rshamans are brought in for almost all raid kills for prog, you do realize that SLT is amazingly strong right?

2 Likes

Mistweaver is getting some buffs. Just not sure if it is enough that we are wanted.
So far:

Soothing Mist 80% buff
Enveloping Mist 21% buff
Renewing Mist .3% mana reduction
Gaining Invoke Yu’lon which is another raid cooldown on top of revival.