2/3 monk specs are last in raid

Should monks just be removed at this point? Feels like a waste of time now that holy pallies + both priest specs are doing 200-250k hps

Also windwalker lmao

8 Likes

They might as well since they’re not making us any better in SL.

2 Likes

We’re still good for pvp though right? I mean sadly I’m forced to pve to pvp, so I’m fine with having to pve even if it’s not the best dos spec to get gear and then pvp, but if we’re garbage in PvP I’m done.

1 Like

So do what every other class has to do and respec to what gets represented in the current meta… But I guess pretending that it’s unique to monk is cool too.

3 Likes

I think the point is that Monk has gotten the short end of the stick for quite some time now.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess you got a point. I guess being 20+% behind the other healers is cool too. Maybe the first monk to be represented on warcraft logs for mythic maut will be 1500+ soon. It was something close to 1350 last week. I bet we can do it!

3 Likes

This is exactly what I say about my Subtlety Rogue! Just believe!!

1 Like

sub rogue isn’t 20% behind the next lowest dps as well. Big difference

edit: Nvm sub rogue is sucking hard

3 Likes

Yeah WW needs love but is not going to get it. We are at the bottom where we overall have been for the overall lifespan of WW.

MW too.

BrM is the only monk spec which consistently performs.

There is someone in Blizzard who simply does not like monks.

5 Likes

I’m fine with playing a hipster class that nobody wants in their group…Is that what you wanted?

3 Likes

Sub Rogue has 250 total parses across the entire raid. It’s the worst dps spec in the game right now.

It doesn’t look like it is by just looking at average damage but with so few logs it is literally being hard carried by a handful of people.

Blizzard should feel bad that sub rogue and WW/MW are in such terrible shape. They have time to make sure corruptions are not ruining their little pvp tournament yet they can’t give a flat buff to help us. :frowning:

1 Like

I guess Blizz doesn’t care because MW and WW are pretty amazing in PvP (especially MW) and BM has been broken for raiding tanking forever.

1 Like

First monk on maut is at 440, still about 17% behind the first resto shaman (the next lowest).

1 Like

since april 30th or after the post-nerf 2?

Also that’s still pathetic 440th ranking out of only 6 specs. Also that parse is kind of telling as well. He had 3 heals on that fight and the other 2 healers didn’t even really heal. He literally had to have the healing given to him. The next monk is 740. This is after the post nerf 2 numbers. People that’s awful for a throughput healer.

I bet if druid or pally was in this position Blizzard would buff them in a split second.

5 Likes

I wish someone would help us. I feel like my choices are rerolling or going tank…

1 Like

I never thought I would do it but I chose the re-roll train; was so sick of getting like a nice upgrade or some new piece of corruption gear and having it worth like an extra 5 dps overall. This class I can tell when I get an upgrade or something new.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say BrM has been broken forever and they definitely are not right now. Warriors are easily the stronger tank, taking less damage and dealing more.

BrM whilst strong, only really shows its strength for specific fights, none of which are in this raid tier.

Brewmaster has been the strongest progression raid tank all expansion.

Being virtually unable to be quickly gibbed is WAY better than total least damage taken.

A lot of early progression guilds uses 1 or double BRM tanks.

3 Likes

Just amplifying this. BRM is hella strong and I totally love tanking as a brewmaster. However, I would drop BRM like a bad habit if I could have MoP Mistweaving back. I just want the uplift play style back. Palys can have it with talent choices, yet we can’t have it because of our mobility? How does that make sense?

1 Like