Stuck in combat in Mechagon, FOR...EV...ER

Seriously, this is stupid and fun-draining. Mechagon has this innate ability to screw me over via keeping me in combat permanently. I swam, SWAM, from Seaspit to the freaking Pascal bot because I was in combat. For anyone not looking at a map, that’s SouthWest coner to NorthEast corner, forced to go around the island to the south (or North along the coast then through all the bots between the coast and Bondo’s, I have freaking done BOTH) because I could not use my flight whistle, or mount up, or use the Anti-Grav pack because all three of those require you be out of combat. On the entirely opposite side of the island. After 10-15 inside Rustbolt. Working as intended, right? >.<

Now, this would be okay if it happened once in a while but this happens every day I play, sometimes upwards of 5 times per day. I literally, not figuratively…LITERALLY spend more time stuck “in combat” than I am spending on the rest of the game. This stopped being fun the 3rd time it happened…and that was on day 1 of the patch being released. Tonight, it did it to me, twice, in 15 minutes. This is getting damned ridiculous.

If I were in a no-fly zone/area? Okay. If combat dropped after some time/distance? Okay. If a mob that’s been chasing me down, underground, suddenly materialized and I left combat after he died? Ugh, but Okay. If these mechanics were not ALL ones that I had to unlock and earn, through various means? Okay…but this is none of those. These are areas where item-induced flight is possible. Mounted self-flight is possible. Mobs, typically, only chase a short way (longer for PVP enabled guards) and leave you alone after a few seconds. But, this? This is all broken and it destroys any and all immersion in the experience.

Please fix this…BFA was a boring, flaming turd until 8.2 and, to continue the turd analogy…this is constipating the flow of fun.

35 Likes

at this point, i think they programmed being in combat to pace out how quickly i can use my flight whistle after doing another tortollian puzzle WQ

9 Likes

Try it on a rogue. it’s even better then. < leaving combat > try to stealth < entering combat > rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

Shadowmeld is life.

7 Likes

Except in Nazjatar where your follower decides to never disengage fighting while you’re shadowmelded, so once they die, the 18 unavoidable mobs you pulled attack you.

21 Likes

How long is forever in gaming time? over 45 seconds?

5 Likes

Actually shadowmeld doesn’t always work. I’ve found many instances in Naz where you still remain aggrod. And no I don’t mean with the stupid follower that will ALWAYS keep you in combat. That being said, it does still work enough of the time where it has become a game requirement now that any toon I create must have some sort of drop aggro ability. E.g. even paladin bubble will do. If you’re playing a toon without such an ability, you’re gonna have a bad time in wow across a plethora of content.

7 Likes

A few seconds

1 Like

I have very few problems with my followers. And usually only when I actively attack things and then decide to bail. If I just run through a bunch of stuff and don’t do anything offensive I have no problem with shadowmeld.

Still, the OP wasn’t talking about Naz, they were talking about Mechagon. So none of what you said even applies.

See above.

They need to do some work on:

1. Critters causing players to be in combat at all, let alone staying there.

2. NPCs fighting each other causing a player to get stuck in combat. I don’t know what the solution is, but there needs to be one; this is one of the worst offenders.

13 Likes

Ahh, how I love invisibility <3

1 Like

If it keeps happening and nothing is actually chasing you dying usually helps.

You didn’t read it in the main post, not seeing you reading it here, but I will try to explain it, again. However long it took to swim from Seaspit’s spawn point in the Western Spray, along the south coast of Mechagon, past The Outflow, plus the time it took to walk from the coast to the Inn inside Rustbolt, plus an additional 15+ minutes. Total travel and wait time is closer to 25 minutes.

In contrast, it took me all of, maybe, 7 minutes to find an anti-grav pack, fly to the Western Spray, and kill Seaspit. I spent 7 minutes playing the game, as intended…25 minutes dealing with a broken system that shoved my 120 character back to lvl 1 movement speeds.

4 Likes

OP in that zone there’s a couple of invisible gnomes. Yesterday I was stuck in combat because of them.

How do I know? Well they kept hitting me and debuffing me and if you play with the sound on you can hear their sounds but there’s no way to target them.

Had to alt+F4 to drop combat, is really annoying.

1 Like

I make it a policy to not play any game so broken that suicide is a go-to method to fix anything. I came up on EverQuest so I always treat death in my MMOs as if they matter.

1 Like

I’m truly sorry, but I’m not understanding why you swam all that way, instead of running overland. You’re a DK, you could cope with whatever came up along the way – plus getting into and concluding another fight could make you drop out of combat. Wait a minute – couldn’t you just use Path of Frost and run over the water?

1 Like

This ^

If it’s what I think it is, and it sounds like it is. If you manage to get yourself in combat with one of the groups of bots vs murlocs fighting on those islands near Seaspit you will find yourself stuck in combat until they die.

I had the issue myself and literally had to get back to the island, locate the specific mobs I was in combat with and kill them. As soon as I did, combat dropped immediately.

2 Likes

The avatar I use, here, is for my DK, but I was NOT playing a DK at the time. Running overland would have been a shorter swim, granted, but I would have had to walk past every mob from Maw’s spawn, all the way to Rustbolt.

Killing mobs, as was suggested by the peeps in general chat did nothing, by the way…just depleted my mana more as I had no OOC regen, lol

1 Like

Being stuck in combat costs me hours of playtime.

I have to shut down the WoW program on my computer in order to get out of combat.

ridiculous!

3 Likes

And I would agree with that, were it doing it to me only there. It’s hit me in Junkwatt and over by the spawn point to the Scarp King, too. :frowning: Additionally, I clear-cut the area…which takes forever on a healer, lol, but it kept me in combat until I hearthed. I manually targeted every mob my video card could process and I had zero aggro on everything. i did not look for critters because, well, they usually die in the first AoE. And while I agree that the ones on the Western Spray are an issue, that would not account for the mobs that aren’t part of a perpetual conflict.

2 Likes