20th Anniversary Celebration Update Notes

You know what would make a 20 year celebration better? Undeleting the 20 years of items you wiped out from tens of thousands of guild banks 2 months ago. Kind of makes this anniversary start with a sour note for some.

The are actually buffing Ret, the easiest, most braindead and arguably strongest all around spec in the game right now by a further 6%. Why the hell is this needed? Someone explain this to me. While on the other hand leaving some specs that CLEARLY need major reworks in the gutter just… because?
Gotta get all of those fotm rerollers on board to farm the t2 dress recolor (which looks terrible compared to the original btw) somehow and this is the way to do it I guess.

1 Like

You know maybe I should just quit playing priest and start playing a mage lol. It’s crazy how a class with two specs near the top can get so many changes that really aren’t that negative. (If the net fire nerf is a big deal you just play arcane anyways big whoop LOL).

I’m going to start making plans for next season if this keeps up and everything looks good, why take L’s on my humble priest when I can just be a mage, get miniscule nerfs and be loved forever?

(post deleted by author)

There are more Ret paladins that have cleared +12s or higher than Monks total. More than twice as many Ret paladins… and they are getting a buff while Brew and WW twiddle their thumbs?

1 Like

Was that reply meant for me? My post was talking about the vault…

Not a single aldrachi reaver change. The blue post that buffed this tree recently had a near 100% negative response rate from people commenting on that part because of how poor the design is. Some even asked that you stop buffing aldrachi entirely until you fix the design.

Not a single class or spec tree change for havoc. To my knowledge havoc is the only spec to have received zero design changes to the class or spec tree across all of alpha or beta. Pretty weird to still see none here, especially with all of the issues it still has.

The only fel-scarred change is one change to focused hatred. We repeatedly brought up multiple ways of fixing this talent from day 1 of it being revealed in alpha, so glad it only took until now, but there are still numerous issues with this hero tree that have not been addressed (since it has had no design changes other than this).

Why is havoc still in early beta? I dont even care about the damage, just listen to our feedback at some point in the expansion.

1 Like

y’know what’s odd? dracthyr were able to learn how to be other classes, faster than other races could learn how to be demon-hunters.

it’s a little ridiculous.

1 Like

no sorry, I clicked on the wrong part when typing!

1 Like

Why do we still not have a fix for Eonar?

They are grossly over represented in all areas of the game and for good reason. ALL the dev attention seems to have gone into them and continues to do so. It’s ridiculous
Everyone should honestly just reroll paladin if this is the direction the game is going in. You’re actively griefing your group if you don’t play something with lust/heroism OR a paladin

Ret buffs while classes that are already lagging behind them get nothing and the WoW sloggiversary currency rate is bafflingly out of touch, or I would say that if it wasn’t basically the Blizzard norm at this point

1 Like

If I could I would bet money they change it in a couple weeks. “we heard your feedback so here are the things you wanted over a month ago and we totally didn’t ignore”

One mild concern I still have is the state of MM Hunter even after the pass. What’s here is in a good direction for sure, and Dark Ranger looks sweet.

However, currently both hero talent paths have a hard requirement of a third tier talent (Trueshot) that itself really wants to have most or all of it’s follow ups in builds that use it. This means that build diversity is cut down for MM by more than a little.
One change that I’d like to see in regards to this is the choice node in Sentinel having a non-Trueshot option. Dark Ranger now has a major part of the spec revolving around alterations to Trueshot, so that feels like the one that should keep it as hard required.

Just adding onto this. They look really nice.

Anyone wanting to rep the Night Elves or Scourge will probably be very happy. I know I am.

The Orc and Human back, crest things, look kind of generic and I feel like we’ve seen gear that looks very similar to this on shields. So, mileage may vary for those.

Blizz, what’s the point of a player collecting any of these if you’ll just have an accident, lose the data, and refuse to restore it? Guildbanks completely emptied, reps reset to zero, mounts gone missing… when are you going to address these issues in earnest?

I guess the 3 janitors working as devs in Blizz have forgotten that Demon Hunters exist.

How can THE ONLY CHANGE this class gets as a whole since Dragonflight be icon changes?

When are DHs going to get attention?

One hero tree is unusable by Havoc, the class tree is in shambles (having to sacrifice throughput for utility feels horrible), Havoc is pigeon holed into the same punishing playstyle with no competitive options. Cycle of Hatred and Shattered Destiny are BANES to the spec and they will never be used because they just don’t work, remove them and add new stuff in there.

In terms of tuning the spec feels useless in M+, subpar ST and AoE. Only has decent burst, but it’s still nowhere near the level of Frost DK/Boomie/Fury/Ret/Enhancement in both AoE and ST. The spec does below tank damage when outside of CDs. Either buff sustained damage or buff burst.

GIVE US DEV ATTENTION. REWORK HAVOC AND ALDRACHI REAVER.

That’s always been something to think on, same thing with “why bother collecting when we lose everything when the game shuts down”.

That said is it a “refusal” or is the data… ya’know, lost and can’t be restored.

Holy heavens above

How is your pvp balance team so bad warrior goes another 2 weeks with out a buff feral, sp, and hunter continue to go unpunished while being OVERPLAYED AND OVERPOWERED