20min queue vs INSTANT!

So I’m really bored this evening so I was watching StormX stream (Horde Druid) and Esfand stream (Alliance Paladin). StormX had to wait a full 20min for his 10man WSG group to pop, whereas Esfand just got an instant game

I was so set on playing Horde but the idea of having instant queue and AV advantage is VERY appealing!

2 Likes

I see this stuff all the time. I was at the store buying goods. The guy behind me said he was a streamer. Right to the front of the line.

Unreal!

10 Likes

I’m not sure that’s what he was implying. Horde vs Alliance thing not streamer favoritism.

3 Likes

it will be different at launch there is a lot of us horde not in beta :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you try queueing with a full group? No? Try it. It gets in a lot faster.

NEXT THREAD!

I’m fine with queues. Gives me more time to do other stuff. The only benefit to instaqueues for me is more HK15s.

That would cause the opposite problem. More Horde will mean longer queues.

1.12 AV is before the starting cave was mirrored. Just like live, Horde have the advantage in AV.

Horde will be outnumbered don’t worry. At the moment the Alliance beta testers seem to be more PvE focused but once it drops it will be different imo.

Dude I was in the dmv line. 2 hour que. next this streamer shows up, they move him to the front. Fricken blizzard keeps pulling the strings.

well instant que doesnt mean win.in retail wow a loss in instant que means no conquest points.

but in classic wow it is appealing to get instant que for fast honor.

Im still thinking Alliance will outnimber horde, probably 3 to 2.

2 Likes

I have to be honest I’m kind of concerned with this too, however it’s going to depend on a lot of things.

I’m happy with either Undead or Gnome Warlock, but I would much prefer faster BG queues. 25 minutes is far too long. Horde has been very popular for a while so my assumption is most people who want to PVP will be going Horde which will cause longer queue times.

In retail, many of the PVE servers was alliance dominated and PVP servers became horde dominated. I expect it’ll be the same on Classic but on a more accelerated pace.

This is also reflect on many of the classic polls I’ve seen on whether players are going alliance/horde and whether pve/pvp servers. Horde pvpers are mainly rolling on pvp servers and alliance raiders are mainly rolling pve.

The more people who think this way and jump ship, the faster my horde queue times will be :muscle:

Horde esthetics match the game and the rest of the art I think. They have a cartoonish look - but they have no analog in reality. The Alliance look cartoonish as well, but since they have real world analogs, at least humans and dwarfs, they look sillier to me.

It has always felt to me that Alliance players must take themselves too seriously to have chosen that faction.

I wouldn’t base your future choice on what you’re seeing in the beta right now.

1 Like

There’s a lot more appealing stuff you’re missing out on, it’s called BFA and has this improvement and many more. You, a random unknown can queue with other random unknowns in meaningless nothing interactions INSTANTLY.