My brain is painful - runes

BS its called shut up and adapt, its a mini game…no more dumbing this game down. Dare to be challenged… No more of the memory game and crabs vs turtles…

1 Like

This will be much better. Thanks.

Also, (and maybe it’s my addons I’ve no idea) can you possibly include some sort of indicator in this minigames UI?

Edit, Oh my god I’m so silly. I just completed it, but I was originally trying to get 5 Yellow Rune MATCHES in a row and not trying to line up 5 Yellow Runes. I’m so dumb.

1 Like

Agreed. While I can admit that there is a fine line between brain teaser and frustrating, games are essentially giant puzzles that the player solves. If everything was doable just by random clicking while one eye was focused on Netflix, it leads to brain rot.

Worst case scenario, hit up Youtube and watch someone do the quest. There are a lot of ways to learn.

1 Like

its not hard, but its is a annoying, its was also poorly worded

5 in a row could mean

get groups of 3 5x or 5 in a line 1x

plus people pulling mobs knocking people out.

1 Like

Thanks for the change. I had no problem with this quest personally (I’d challenge myself to clear five of a kind in Bejeweled-like games) but this is a much better and more fair.

We deployed a hotfix a few minutes ago that should eliminate that.

7 Likes

Has anyone there ever played a Puzzle Quest game? Matching 5 doesn’t have to be straight lines, you can match them in an L shape and a T shape too. That was the problem I had with the WQ, I matched several forms of 5 yellow but none mattered because it had to be a literal straight line.

2 Likes

Some of the Match 3+ even have levels that require you do an T shape or the like to win. That or if you can pull off a T shape you get better score.

And? You’re not playing candy crush, you’re playing bejeweled.

So was this fixed? Checked back and it’s still giving me the match 5 yellow in a row. I’ve done it for about an hour and I’m done.

This was exactly what I thought they wanted until I realized it wasn’t working. Then matched 5 yellow runes in 2 minutes. Was a face + desk scenario.

In Blades Edge is Ogrilla and the favorite daily based on “Simon Says”

I got it done. Probably took 20-30 minutes for me to try and figure out some kind of pattern to it.

I got it eventually through pure luck

I did that and the uncross ley lines one.

Only reason I did it was rep for flying. The absolute only reason, and pretty soon I won’t be doing them.

Also that jelly fish jumping thing

BAd is bad and those are bad for me.

1 Like

I just tried it, had it match twice, and not complete. Then I reloaded my ui, tried again, almost had it again only to have some lame horde dh train a bunch of naga onto me to grief me before hearthing out. Does griefing have any repercussions now? I’ve been playing mmorpgs for decades, and training mobs onto players to disrupt their game play has always been griefing and a reportable offense.

I then somehow completed it (I think?) on the fourth try without thinking about it and randomly clicking. The chest opened, and I got an epic quest item to grow some herbs. However when I got back to the inn it showed it hadn’t completed it, so I’m utterly confused and so done with that quest right now.

I hope the issues with this quest get worked out. I also hope RNG smiles with karmic malice on the dh who griefed me, as well as any other griefers like them. Hopefully blizz will take away the ability for people to grief with this quest, as well as punish those who did/do it.

1 Like

definately not what i pay my wow subscription for. can play these on my phone for free. Sad part trying to do questing to get rep up for flying and so far tonight, 3 puzzles to do. lame… lame …lame… Come on, you can do better than this. So frusterating,

3 Likes

I like the idea of completing a specified total number of matches better.

The align 5 Yellows was a fine idea but in practice it was frustrating and left me with no choice but to rely on RNG.
I couldn’t orchestrate a sequence like

Yellow, Yellow, Other Color, Yellow Yellow

Which was the only way I could see this happening. As when 3 Yellow align they disappeared.

So my strat for completing the quest just devolved into “clear anything that wasn’t Yellow” My hope was that with the board filled with Yellows 5 at once would somehow trigger as pieces fell into place.

It did. But it wasn’t really in my control.

I like the new idea better. Feels more fair and in my control.

This is learnable…

Fix the Jelly Jump quest!

1 Like

I must say I would rather you not change this. It is 100% doable and it is not luck based. I spend about 5 min doing it where I was actively planning out moves in an attempt to line up the 5 yellow. It was a fun little challenge and for 5 pearls I felt adequately rewarded for doing it.

2 Likes

It’s fixed. You have air control now - it’s fun.