WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

Okay, thanks. Just a wrong memory …

The Story of Lag.

It began as merely loot lag. Then spilled into vendoring lag too.

Then the players in my party phased from me…turning in quests is an adventure…turn in, it shows as done in the chat log and quest log - wait several seconds to get the XP and loot. It’s like being in a wacky adventure world where someone is playing with timestop a little more than they should… Personally, I blame Omar.

1 Like

a loot lag for thee
two looted bags for me

Have been sitting at a vendor trying to sell my items for 8 minutes now. NPC interaction and loot lag is brutal.

1 Like

Tried to make a troll rogue on server #3. Couldn’t get past the character creation screen. Kept getting error messages and eventually it said the character name was unavailable. I thought the server went down, so I backed out and re-logged in.

Same server was up, tried to make another troll rogue but changed the name. Same issue as the first time. I backed out, but when it was in the character select screen, it showed that I had a rogue with the name I tried using at first already. Unable to select him and start the game.

The nostalgia is real!

Never sure where people are reading, so I’m tossing this here too.

Hey all -

We are just winding down on the initial testing window and wanted to thank everybody who was able to login and participate.

We will soon have 4 realms total, 2 PvP and 2 Normal that will be up and online overnight. Please continue to login, test the content, and provide your feedback (just don’t forget to provide which realm you are on).

If you haven’t gotten a chance to login yet, you can install and play using the “World of Warcraft Classic” version in your Battle.net App.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Things were going well on 12 until it shut down… not sure what population model was being used.

Please can you confirm that you actually meant for the additional 45 hours post-test as originally stated?

Couple of follow ups for folks here:

Cheers!

They really need to enable tagging of mobs by anyone that hits them, I really cbf waiting around for hours trying to do starter quests…

Tapping is something that forces grouping. When you see players near you, you try to group up because of tapping. if everything is shared why group up at all? tapping should not change in classic, ever. if They were to change ANYTHING it’d simply be respawn rate or how many players in a layer. Changing that wouldn’t hurt the core element of classic, GROUPING UP. Changing tapping to be shared would massively hurt classic and should NEVER EVER happen.

14 Likes

I guess I’m not getting that confirmation then, you know, about forty eight hours as opposed to ‘overnight.’

Server 15 is unplayable. 1-5 will take an hour or two, 5-10 you think it is better, but it only gets worse, the mobs are spread around and each quest location has 20+ players camping mob spawn points. You all are really underestimating the players if you seriously think you can go live with so little servers. There are lots of people like me who just log out for a later time to let the initial rush through. You will need a minimum of 50 servers.

How about giving people who have had an account since 2004 beta access. We have been waiting for classic longer then some of these streamers you gave access to who didn’t even have an active account.

4 Likes

Realm 3 Feedback for 5-Midnight EST.

Really didn’t like being forced to level on a PvP realm. Wanted to help test, so stayed on it for the night. Will go PvE tomorrow morning.

Total /played on the PvP realm tonight was 6 hours. I achieved level 10 as a Night Elf druid. Night elf area was far less populated than human starting zone - yet experienced its own degree of lag while stress was being applied to the servers (people in my party were shown as phased, one party member died to an invisible mob and was unable to rez - had to relog, this happened to more than just that player, mobs and people were rubberbanding, etc).

Personal feedback - this was a stress test and it felt like one. Prior to Omar snapping his fingers, the people on Realm 12 were exchanging positive feedback. We were impressed that we were able to log right in at 5 EST with no queue or disconnects. We were impressed that we made a toon and were able to log into the server with no wait or disconnects. Everything functioned as intended.
After forcing everyone onto 2 realms, which is understandable, finding mobs for quests was hugely problematic in Night Elf starting area on Realm 3. In our zone, everyone was forming full groups and prioritizing kill quests. Collection quests were not enjoyable, but that is what happens when in a group. The next quest hub was better. I had 1-2 people in my group at any given point. We did all kill quests first. Then saved the collection quests for last and even debated dropping them.

We didn’t run across any glitches. As someone who has played since 2005, I was very impressed with how smoothly this test went. Kudos to all of you on a job well done!!

1 Like

Eh - I think 50 servers is a high number.

At the start of the evening, with…15 servers running (?)…play was smooth on the server that I had chosen (#12). It was leaning towards crowded, but really was acceptable. People weren’t commenting about waiting for respawns or being unable to tag mobs. That only happened once it was forced down to 2 realms.

I completely agree that there are a lot of people who aren’t fond of crowds…which could be why we play video games. :slight_smile: That said, we don’t want to be on dead servers either. We will want to be able to pull together 40 players for raids later on, and we all know that a ton of people who didn’t play in Vanilla will quit Classic fairly quickly.

How is 50 high? Do you think there will be less than 150,000 people playing at launch? You have to factor in at least 12 servers for each region (Pacific, Central, and Eastern). 6 PvP, 4 PvE, 2 RP is 12 per region. That is at least 36 servers. I really hope Blizzard isn’t stupid enough to shove everyone from a region into one server type (3 servers per region).

Here’s my Feedback for the Stress Test: It was fun. The experience brought me back to what it was like playing back during Vanilla 2004. At first I realized how there was one thing in classic that could be improved upon in which we enjoy in BFA. It was immediately apparent how you could no longer share the kill with non grouped individuals. In the starting area it took me over an hour just to kill 10 wolves because so many people were killing them - and I even bothered to join a group - and figured out a good spawn rotation on top of that. My suggestion: For these areas which will easily be saturated at the start - allow non-grouped kills for those areas - if at all possible. If not then that’s fine too - just a suggestion. Thanks for hearing me out. Other than that I loved everything else and cannot wait to play the game when it comes out (again lol)!

Cheers!

Was basing my response off the fact that tonight was open to all subscribers. All the people whining about not being able to play were given the opportunity tonight. Yet…Blizz set up 15 realms and had to condense them down to 2 in order to get the Stress Test info that they needed.

Big difference between Classic release and an expansion launch - not everyone playing Retail wants to play Classic.

1 Like

Exactly, why would people interested in WoW Classic pay $15 to play a demo for 2 days? That is a horrible way to gauge interest yet it still was overflowing with players many of which logged off when they saw how crowded it was (I certainly did). If they wanted to stress the server, they would only have 1 and force everyone to roll in one zone.

1 Like