20 minutes of testing and already found issues with the chronoboon

Went onto the PTR, cleared a DMT instance for buffs and testing

Logged onto 3 other PTR accounts, summoned a toon that had SF, Ony, and ZG. Ran that said toon through and picked up Slip’kik’s savvy, used the chronoboon and stored all 4 of the buffs (zg, ony, sf, slipkik)

I thought why not, and immediately got Slip’kiks again even though I had a slip’kik’s stored in the boon.

Went and got the other two buffs, clicked off slip’kik’s and then restored it using the chronoboon

I really dont believe this is the intent of the item based on the wording in the patch notes. I haven’t tested with other buffs but for now I do know you can get DMT, bottle them up, and get them again giving you essentially 4 hours of DMT buffs.

3 Likes

To clarify you’re saying you can get world buffs even if they are stored in the chronoboon so you can pop the chronoboon if you lose the first set of buffs?

made a short unlisted video showing what happened

I had buffs, went to DMT, got a buff, saved them in the boon, and grabbed them again

2 Likes

Nice, now folks can raid log for 2 weeks!

10 Likes

Are you able to save 2 layers of Ony, Warchief and ZG?

Wasnt able to test any other buffs besides DMT, hard to get heads to drop on the PTR :stuck_out_tongue:

Makes sense…
IMO many layers of buffs, not a bad thing really… Heck if they were to make them stack to 100 I would be totally fine with that.

I do find it funny cause they litterally have this as a bullet in their patch notes

• You may not benefit from additional world buffs until you have restored any that you currently have stored in the Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer.
3 Likes

LOL code is code, sometimes it just doesn’t work.

Did you happen to test whether the active world buffs were working whilst you had them also stored in Chrono? The notes state that you can’t benefit from the world buffs, not that you would be unable to obtain them.

1 Like

I did check a 2nd time, I was getting the full benefit from the DMT buffs while I had all 3 stored

1 Like

You know what this means- after you spend two hours getting DMF, DMT, SF, Ony, ZG and WCB and bottle it… you now have to go do it again to have an unbottled one for raid night.

The new meta is here.

5 Likes

Yes, based on your description what you’re doing is unintended.

However considering it’s a core function of how the boon is supposed to work I’d say there’s a 0% chance they didn’t catch this issue so something must have happened when it went live.

I don’t pretend to understand code, but weirder things have broken after they launched a patch.

Still better than before. Chromie area is now a battleground lol

It comes down to whether they are competent or not, and generally, “sweatshop” coders, are not very competent.

1 Like

Random question- is the chrono boon displacer (the item bought from Chromie) BoE or BoP? If its boe then I can imagine theres a real high chance to exploit the market/monopolise the use of it.

How dumb do you have to be to think it takes 2hrs to collect buffs. Takes literally 20 mins. :joy::joy:

Yes my area is a battleground! Kill each other for my amusement and in the end I will have the secret formula to the Krabby Patty. Muhaha

Let’s test it now that its live.

Certain buffs will still graphically show up in your buff bar, but you will not get the benefit of them if they are stored in your Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer.

The bigger issue, is that sometimes it just fails to store buffs