20% Ice Lance buff coming in 8.3

It just buffs the standard Glacial spike build to be better than noIL build I THINK. Thats why I requested that someone with the ptr access (I dont like spoils) to take some time to test it out or if you know any youtubers or streamers who have done this?

1 Like

Problem is this still wont make ice lance outperform glacial spike or even keep up.

I love frost mage but I HATE glacial spike. It feels so… uninteresting… simply building up icicles to use on a glacial spike. I found it more fun throwing ice lances constantly and having 1-3 icicles fly off with them like a frosty machinegun.

11 Likes

Yes, FOrb is beating NoIL.
No, Standard is still lower than NoIL, but closer

I’d include a link, but forums tells me I can’t :frowning:

You can check the research channel in the Mage discord to confirm.

2 Likes

You can put the link in a code tag, i.e. "[code] <insert text> [/code]"

Here’s one of the links I found in the #research channel.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6pWuRH5nXswLnyYxVFs1Km

I did. When I clicked Submit, the forum popped up a message saying I’m not allowed.

Read up on “Trust Levels” and how to post links here:

Thanks for that!

Guess I don’t post here enough.

Only prob with the Forb build is boss moves out of range of Orb and it’s RIP to your damage.

Only played that build a little bit this expac but it was a lot more fun than running GS. Are you saying that on the PTR it’s now the top performing build for frost?

Interesting … I assume it’s still nowhere near fire. How does it compare to arcane?

1 Like

Hard to tell how any of it’s going to perform in the new raid tbh

Oh I’ll probably switch spec 5 more times before the end of this accursed expansion.

How’s things Nik?

1 Like

Everything is good…can’t wait for the new raid though lol

A 12-boss raid. Gods it’s gonna be a long one.

i miss legion where arcane and frost were viable instead of just fire fire fire all the time in pvp and pve you can’t get away from them

2 Likes

nah all youtubers and streamers who play frost quit to play classic

This change should have been fixed way before now.

Having to play with double melee DPS in m+ every week in anything greater than a 17 key needs to be fixed.

Fires combust works great. Outside of combust however is one spell, spamming flamestrike. Very boring.

Frost overall damage is great until you hit 18+ keys when AOE/ST hard caps. Switch to fire.

Raid? Anything works. Mythic Progression however is fire, unless you have a friendly raid lead.

1 Like

Been trying to learn fire man… you’re right its performing way better in higher keys. Maybe if they fixed ice lance to scale with mastery like the icicles we would have better DPS output as frost?

1 Like

With the buff, I’m gonna wait and see how the Frozen Orb build does before committing to switch.

It’s a fun build. I hate GS.

1 Like

Frost could much more benefit if Mastery increased proc chance as well.

3 Likes

Other then the 20% IL buff - could we please see larger aoe dmg from orb?

Frost damage is capped even with BIS. Fire out performs at all high end content. Even arcane is pulling ahead in Mythic EP. If frosts aoe damge would be buffed fire and arcane would still be the go to for ST, ST cleave.

3 Likes

Right on that would be really interesting! For arcane I’m hoping they make Orb baseline and missiles buffed by the number of arcane charges. That would be cool!

1 Like