2 questions

I’d like to try out a warrior in the classic version, but I’d like to know if this is a foolish endeavor? Recently came back a few days ago, last subbed for end of phase 2 of SOD and also played phase 1 (but the increased leveling speed now is a turn-off).

I played Classic at launch for a month or two on various classes, most to 20-35ish and I had a paladin that was 49 or 50. My dungeon knowledge is very limited: I know how to run DM and that’s about it comfortably, although I have also ran some of the other dungeons 1-2 times like WC, Stockade, RFK or RFD?, BFD (dungeon not raid), a few of the Scarlet ones and I think ZF.

I know my tanking skills will be in fine order if I know the dungeons, but I can’t say with certainty that I know or remember any of the dungeons I’ve ran before.

Is it folly to play as a warrior then? It’s one of the few classes I’ve left to try out. Will another tank (possibly warrior) be OK with me going as a DPS while I learn? I could just do what I normally do and grind solo most of the time in the open world but as a warrior I’d like to be in a group.

Second question. Is there a way to merge the posts I’ve made on my account?

I see comments from people (not toward myself) about another player having a low post count claiming they are trolling etc. As I’ve subbed here on and off throughout the years I had been switching my character with whatever one I was playing at the time, but I can see now that it results in my post count and history getting reset apparently.

I don’t have any personal experience with Warriors in classic, but my understanding is that especially at lower levels, the difference between a tank warrior and dps warrior is what weapons you have equipped. I’m sure you can look up some specs that will work for either role, at least until you get to end game. (In fact, I bet most leveling guides are build around such specs.)

I don’t think there’s any way to merge your character’s posts. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, though. Unless you’re jumping into hot topics with strong opinions, you’re probably safe from the accusations. (And if you are accused, you can happily ignore it, because who cares what someone else thinks. Let your post stand on it’s own.)

I personally think it is better to pick one character to post on, just because it makes the forum tools easier to use. Notifications and such are on a per character basis, so swapping around means you’re more likely to miss replies. But some people like to swap to whatever their current main is to post on. Some of the people who do RP stuff in the RP forum will post on different characters for RP reasons. So, there’s more than one way to approach it.

1 Like