2 point nodes are garbage and we already lack group utility

Make the 3 2point nodes on the 2nd row from the bottom, only 1 point… we lack utility as it is and youre punishing us with these waste of points… 2 point nodes are just so bad. gatekeeping mediocre(yes abom is garbage now) talents just feels so bad. At that point just dont go for the capstones and get anything else before…

7 Likes

It’s actually insane how all these 3 options are so terrible. I hate the new tree more than i hate the current one.

1 Like

2-point talent nodes are the devs being lazy. No 2-point nodes! Ever!

1 Like

Bumping this up. After looking at the windwalker talent tree, the dk tree is just bad. It’s so lazy with the sheer amount of two point talent nodes in it.

3 Likes

I just don’t understand how we technically gained like 5/6 points to use and are more strapped for points after the talent tree changes like wtf.

3 Likes

I would genuinely love more flavorful and meaningful talents similar to what monks.

Class tree suggestions (after they prune two point nodes):
-Dark simulacrum as a class tree talent

• Increase movement speed when Path of Frost is active (5% or something)
  • Death Gate now gives you the option of going to the nearest graveyard or other places… idk.
  • Move Icebound fortitude to the where Mind Freeze is and move mind freeze down and coldthirst along with it. (Max’s idea)

Unholy tree suggestions (after they prune two point nodes):

• Vile Contagion is passive. Upon bursting a wound, you have an “X” chance to spread wounds to nearby targets. (Helps reduce the amount of 45 seconds spells
  • Corpse shield
  • All will serve is part of a two choice node. You get to pick if you want a permanent magus or ghoul as a secondary pet.
  • Raise Magus talent node that replaces your permanent ghoul. You now summon a permanent magus instead. The magus would benefit from dark transformation and use a Lich model upon activation.
  • Could have a talent where you and your pet swap locations?
    -Make raise abomination and army of dead a choice node. (Max’s idea)
  • Undertaker’s Crown (thorghast power) - Lichborne causes you to radiate Death Coils onto your target, or yourself while you are injured.
  • Lich’s mirror - Upon activating lichform, four nearby allies are also considered undead and immune to fear for it’s duration.
  • Dark Transformation now also transform the death knight as well. (Use the bone wings from legion “Jagged Bone Wings” from the world quest “Life’s a Lich.”) Could empower some of our abilities and give us a small dmg buff.

Side note:

• Chains of Anguish (thorghast power) can/should be given to frost dks.
    Spell description: Chains of Ice binds enemies’ health together, causing them to share 50% of damage taken.
    Have it activate with chill streak. Targets hit by chill streak are now chained and affected by Chains of anguish.
  • Could also bake in forgotten tier set bonuses as talents:
  • Tier 19 4 piece bonus: Death Coil has a 50% chance to infect the target with a Festering Wound.
    -Tier 22 (Sepulcher of the first ones):
    -2-Set - Harvest Time - Every 5 Clawing Shadows / Scourge Strike that burst Festering Wounds applies Soul Reaper on your target and summons an Army of the Dead ghoul for 15 seconds.
    -4-Set - Harvest Time - Your minions deal 5% increased damage. When Soul Reaper’s secondary effect triggers, this bonus increases to 25% for 8 seconds.

Tldr: they could do so much with Dk’s but they keep giving us two point nodes.

3 Likes

When I looked at the unholy rework tree and noticed they added another talent into the already bloated MIDDLE of the tree and didn’t bother to change some of the already bad 2 point talents into 1 like why does ghoulish frenzy and especially improved death coil need to be 2 points :joy:, I am starting to lose hope :smirk: also not to mention theres 2 ‘under construction talents’ oh good more talents for us not to be able to spend points on, seriously that middle of the tree is so bloated with crap you really need to merge some.

ps. bring back necrotic plague cowards.

1 Like

At first I was like Hell yes! Now I am like… well at least I have more copium to inhale.

They are taking 1 step forward and then 2 steps back. Compare the DK tree to the new monk tree? Holy hell what a difference.

3 Likes