2 Accounts 1 Email

are you referring to the launcher app on desktop or for your account management page?

Sorry, not sure what you mean.
Its confusing but my best description is…
It shows me as a lvl 13 Night Elf with my name GenghisNige. That character is from my old account under the name Hulk (old superheroes days) but same email addy. The name GenhisNige has a lvl 54 dude and is the new account and has my subscription details. I am logged in now typing this but in the top right shows Hulk.
I have used the Battle net launcher, wow launcher and manually log in.
If I click on the drop down in the top right which shows Hulk and go to Account Settings it shows all GenghisNige stuff.
I’m lost.
Thanks for trying to help me out.

okay from what youre saying it seems youre trying to locate your other toon and your current posting character on the forums here is your druid thats currently selected.

so on top right of the forums where the little photo is you can pick and change whatever toon on your account you want to make forum posts with. you can just click one then itll change to that specific toon.

however in game youll want to click on the account name on your launcher app. since you have multiple wow qccounts it should show account name and then an additional account that should be to some effect wow 3 or some given number after that with your region you play in which would generally be NA for north america.

my guess is you got confused when you last played and swapped the two accounts and logged into your old original account.
what you can do if not already is if your battlenet account is under your name you may be able to have a gm move your alt account (the recent one onto your battle tag if its not already included as one of your 8 licenses under your btag. this is what is called an account merge.
though this is seperate from the mergers they did years ago and no longer do since days of wow before battlenet was introduced.

Thanks,
I have tried the toon thing but only shows this old lvl 13 guy to select.
I cant find my lvl 54 guy or subscription details. I was only playing a couple of days ago.
Looking at account details its looks like something to do with Battletags ?
Silly question, what is a gm ?
Sorry, I really am clueless with what I am doing.

okay lets start with the basics then, what is your toon name and server for both accounts? for example this toon is ArticSkoll-Stormrage.

next. battle tag would be the nickname you have with some numbers after a # on your account details if you have one set up, alternatively you might have whats called Real ID if you have your legal name supplied in your management settings which you should if youre playing legally. Reason for this is because if your account ever gets hacked you would have to send your goverment locale ID aka drivers license for example to blizz for them to authenticate your account is actually yours.

next a GM is whats called a game master, or someone at Blizzard that works on the game that helps players with various issues.

Hulk - Destromath and has a lvl 13 Night Elf - Druid
GenghisNige - Not sure of the server as I cant log into that one but from memory it started with G and had a couple of “U” in it. This one has 2 characters. A lvl 54 Hunter and a low lvl one I have just started playing with. Both are on the same server starting with G
The lvl 54 toon is the same GenghisNige and the low one I called OrcWizard or something like that.

It should show here either:
Hulk
13 Night Elf Druid
or
Genghisnige
54 Hunter
but, it has crossed the 2 over and put
Genghisnige
13 Night Elf

would it be this one? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/gurubashi/genghisnige

also a search of ‘orcwizard’ returns 4 results- a 51 mage on moonguard, a 32 warlock on area 52, a lvl 11 orc lock on zul’jin, and a lvl 10 maghar orc mage on barthilas.

Yeah, that’s my badboy. Thank god its not gone.
I think the lvl 10 one is mine.
Both come up on the left and I can pick which one to play.

in that case its possible you forgot about it from the last time you used the forums and when you made your new toon the website jumped and or stored your lowbie youre currently posting as the last stored character. as for the game client itself are you able to log into any of your toons other than this druid?

as for how to find your battle tag you would go here; https://account.battle.net/details then scroll down to where it says battle tag under your supplied phone number if you gave one. this is your sort of in game nickname aside from your account name which should be tied to your legal name shown at the top.

I can only log into this one now.
In the top right of this forum screen it shows the account as HULK but if I hover over the little square toon pic, it shows Genghisnige.

did you happen to pay for a name change possibly? or are you unable to play your hunter because youre on trial status not paying for active subscription currently?

I set up a whole new account and paid for the subscription. Have purchased some mounts and shadowlands as well.
I am starting to think it shoudl not have let me use the same email address to set up a second account.
If I had know the first one was still active I would have used that. The one I can log into is the trial one I played with from years ago.
But I only ever used the one email address.

okay i want you to check something then, if you go to your account info or the shop here using this link: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-character-transfer. it might be possible to move your hunter to the same account your posting druid is on. though this would involve you having to pay 25 USD for this service. provided both accounts are under your actual name.

Do you know off hand how old your original account is by chance? depending on age its possible it may have gone dormant but since were able to locate a character from that account, theres a possibility a gm could if you open a ticket may be able to locate your account for you and or allow you to move one or both toons to a single account in some way.

Though im only a player myself so my ability to help is limited.

I don’t mind paying.
How do I open a ticket ?

you can do the server transfer feature service right inside the game itself. Once started though that toon becomes a sort of locked stage where youre unable to play it until the transfer has been completed if its even able to be moved to its destination server, same for your lowbie druid youre posting on.

example reasons of this could be A) toon has mail in its bags, or some sort of auction currently sitting on a servers auction house, b) currently in some other form of issue such as a bug of some sort or c) it has too much gold on it. you can find more info about character transfers here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/83440 | how to open a ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow

I don’t care about this one to be honest, I just want the hunter one and id be happy.
Ill give the ticket thing a go.
Really appreciate your help. Thank you.

yeah what i would do personally is open a ticket first, state that youre having trouble locating your characters, and want to move one or both to the same server so you can play them on your active account, and also that youre new to the game too, they may give you more information than what ive mentioned here in your thread.

if theyre able to help you out, then i would go ahead with paying for the transfer for your hunter.

In any case good luck with wherever your travels lead you friend.

edit: it might be worth it for you to browse this thread as well for future reference: Spotlight on: Game Master Help

I’d recommend a ticket - or Live Chat. Live Chat has very limited hours.

You indeed have two distinct Battlenet Accounts, the one you are posting under here is essentially just a starter.

The other has a VERY different email, and appears to have always had.

2 Likes

Not different email addresses at all. I only have one email address.

I’d open a ticket, or use Live Chat once it is open later today.

1 Like