1GB update to PTR/beta

They do know this thing goes live tomorrow right?

1 Like

You do realize that the prepatch is tomorrow not TBC launch?

3 Likes

after the patch is before the patch lol

you do realize the PTR IS the pre patch

you do realize. .

Wait, what are we talking about?

Oh, yea. . lots of updates. They are pushing last minute changes. No big deal. It’s actually a good thing.

I’m curious what “changes” warrant a 1 gigabyte patch though. Something THAT large in filesize is usually 3d models / textures / music.

The beta got a 1gig patch, the PTR got a 46 megabyte patch.

1 Like

I don’t know. But I keep logging into check if the LFG tool shows up.

Still disapointed

Even a group finder interface would not be 1gb worth of extra files

some data work in packages
even if they change a single line of code the whole package gets uploaded

1 Like

Maybe Beta got the Sunwell assets added so they can test that next. All of the Sunwell zones, assets, music, etc. could easily take up 1 GB.

Sunwell? That’s the last phase. They haven’t even tested T5 raids yet. But yeah I was thinking maybe they’re implementing SSC/TK onto beta.

True, but T5 does not add new zones. They could be adding the Sunwell content into the Beta early similar to how the pre-patch is working for GA. Most of the Outlands content is in the pre-patch but locked till launch.

GA = General Availablity, BTW!

They can change things and reupload to the ptr. What you are playing on PTR is not necessarily what will go live. They can fix things or change things and update the ptr accordingly.

pretty much of what is going live tomorrow is TBC.

i had a smartass comment, but i don’t feel like sitting on my hands for another 48hrs, lol. :innocent:

Everything is “pretty much” everything else. Apples are “pretty much” oranges.

The pre-patch is not the Beta is not the TBC is not the PTR. Those are 4 different things.

They may be similar in features, but that does NOT mean they are similar in file size. There may be file compression applied to pre-patch and TBC that is NOT applied to PTR or Beta. PTR and Beta may contain lots of debugging code that is NOT in the pre-patch or in TBC.

The pre-patch is basically TBC is going there. Of course they can still leave out content update post dark portal (including tuning to dungeons and raids), but all skills that are usable up to level 60 and talents are there present.

The game itself, the basis of it, is there in this patch.

Your comparison is just cringe, shouldn’t be worth of a response but I thought I would just clarify to you that the pre-patch today is basically TBC, as it was back then in 2007. What comes next is fine tuning of the game.

Next.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.