Trying the new forums on mobile

The key thing to note about the mobile versions is that any advanced formatting may not display correctly on mobile. For example, my Overwatch League match discussion threads where I post a table of the match score looks terrible on mobile.

Also remember Android users can install a shortcut onto their home screen to open a dedicated forum browser instead of going through Google Chrome. (Edit: for some reason the WoW forums don’t seem to have this feature)

2 Likes

Yeah, I think busier is the right term lol

1 Like

Still not linked to the wow mobile app.

2 Likes

I am using my iPad to write this, so far I haven’t had any issues, but I had to push “reply” a few times before the box opened.

This time it opened right up.

I agree with this too, I think if you spaced pinned topics from general forums, or at least highlighted the post to have a lot of blue it be fine >.>

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. We can take a look at the mobile layout and pinned topics.

8 Likes

I will have to try it. Do you use tapatalk or just your browser?

Okay better example of what I mean. On PC, the top bar “if you call it that” shows

Forum > general discussion > topic

You can just click on general discussion and get back to GD.

On mobile it only shows

Forum.

This opens the large side pane that you have to select your forum.

Like i said, it’s not a really big deal and I’ll get used to it but i thought I’d best be more clear on what i meant.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you so much for letting me know!!

I’m just using a mobile browser. I’m kept even sure what the other thing you mentioned is. I guess I’ll hit the app store.

1 Like

Yes it is an app. I have never used it with WoW forums and not yet with the new one. I want to give it a try though. Maybe on my ipad would be better though.

It feels a bit weird on mobile. On mobile, like Lillyann said, there’s a top bar that says Forums and when you click on it it’ll pop up the other forms, (Community, PvP, etc) and you’d have to click into Community and then General Discussion.

It’d be nice if the new forums on mobile displayed, “Forums > General Discussion” for easy access back to the forum it’s in instead of having to scroll up back to the top.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s only one extra step but you can avoid it on PC.

This will definitely take some getting used to but overall I think I like it. I wish I could give more feedback but this is the first post from my phone. First of many since that’s how I do the bulk of my posting.

The blue tracker. All the posts are on the right side of the screen and the left side of the screen is empty. It’s difficult to read.

All the buttons are super tiny. The like button is about 5% the size it used to be.

The main Issue I’m running into with mobile, is that all the different screens like the post screen, the emoji screen don’t want to scroll up well, but instead the forum replies themselves like to scroll up. Also the Emojis load up something super slow. I have no idea why, but its not my internet which streams Youtube videos without a hitch. Surely Youtube < WoW forum Emoji’s?

Not sure why you crossed that out? I just did it today, it worked for me.

Character profiles could use some work. The font is ugly and it should be separated more from the post. It blends in too much which makes everything cluttered. Just my thoughts.

I almost exclusively use the forums on my Mobile Phone. I am an old man (30) and not very computer savvy.

I havent encountered any major issues. I just had to learn where stuff is and what does what.

If I use the forums exactly like I did before (post words, read words, like posts), it seems the same as before. Except now there is more stuff to do. Links. Emojees. Other stuff.

So while it is startlingly different…it takes getting used to…I see similar functionality as before.

to me this new forum format looks way better in portrait as rendered by mobile firefox. compared to the old format, it’s a lot easier for me to navigae between threads. quoting stuff is annoying the way selecting text works on mobile.

and both my mobile devices are almost toasters in that they lag horribly when tapping on the screen