197 iLevel Cap Casual PVP

a simple run into randoms will show you who’s whe majority in bg, 30k hp people. having half players with 35-40k hp in a match is hard to see

Because ques are already bad enough. Once you start deprecating into different ilvl brackets it will make them even worse.

I can appreciate people wanting even play and competitive gameplay but that’s what ranked is for not Unranked.

That’s just your experience.

Even if that were true it averages out for both sides.

1 Like

go into queue and count the under 30k people with bgenemies addon, then come back and tell us, blizzard try to match the healer/dps not ilvl plus alliance takes more low ilevel people thro mercenary mode than it takes high ilvl hordes

Sounds like a bunch of excuses.

You win some you lose some

I’m going to link this here to get some more eyes on it.

Casual PvP is unbearable, and Blizzard is further widening that gap next season with a further increase in ilvl for PvP. Y’know it’s bad when R1’s and Blizzon competitors are coming out against this gearing system.

2 Likes

You do realize they are not complaining about gear discrepancy as much of they are complaining about how the changes fix nothing and the gatekeeping conquest to discourage pve requiring it

How do you read the last three paragraphs of that post and not see that they hate the gear disparity and want it gone? The guy literally lays out how gear disparity is garbage for competitive PvP and was removed by the old devs for that reason. He says the same thing people have said here, that there should be one conquest set not gated by rating at all.

Unless you are just trying to be a contrarian I don’t see how you can possibly arrive at a different interpretation of that post.

6 Likes

You should work on your reading comprehension.

They clearly are stating that the gear disparity is mostly caused by the gatekeeping and time investment needed for each piece.

They say that is because of the devs trying to not force pve players to pvp early each tier for easy access to weapons.

Reducing the time required for each piece would reduce the gear difference for newer players.

Yeah I’d be ok with BGs being capped at the unrated cap. Makes sense.

2 Likes

i finally got 1400 after 973 2v2 matches yesterday night lol

i think i might not be the pvper i want to be :wink:

1800 is gonna be a long painful road i guess.

**in 973 matches i only got 2 hate whispers - i’m proud of the community that’s not bad at all!

I would normally disagree with this request… I still do, but this last bonus battleground week was a real poop show. I play both factions with lowbie alts. I know what I can be in for, but a little class knowledge can overcome some of the ilevel differences. This past battleground week was wholly different and miserable on both factions for me. Seemed like constant premades with high geared toons steam rolling through matches.
Blizzard will leave it as is to incentivize folks to do rated pvp. Your recourse is to comply or not to queue for random bgs. Fewer players equal longer queues which leads to more frustrated players that don’t pvp, which leads to longer queues etc…

also people dont find it fun to stomp people without gear

Just bracket by ilvl, this isn’t rocket science. They already bracket by level because of the same issue. Do you think a level 30 should be fighting a level 60? No, and that’s why they bracket levels, the same bracketing can be done with ilvls. The only people against this are elit player that like to 1-shot people. It takes no skill to 1-shot someone.

If they bracket by ilvl then they’ll essentially kill participation for players who have higher ilvl gear. All they need to do is bring back the Honor > Conquest grind. It puts everyone on the same level while granting them proper gear progression.

And if they want to keep the upgrade system for players who want to possibly swap over to PvE then cool. But once you have Conquest gear, you should scale up to Mythic ilvl just like they did in WoD.

1 Like

I have to agree that there must be mechanisms to make it easier to gear alts through PVP. Honor gear should have been left alone as an entry level gear so people can push for better and higher level gear.

Needing to upgrade honor gear to max and finding out it is inferior than even most other gearing doesn’t make sense to me.

Honor gear was 190 in beta and should have stayed that way. If BlizZard was concerned about the gear gap they shouldn’t have increased honor gear from 190 to 197. Should have increased base conquest from 200 to 207 or something.

Right now time invested for a starter honor gear to 197 seems very high while making conquest 200 base ilevel seems to low for time invested.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Not really, I follow more players than teams. Hey do they still have those huge youth tournaments like The Gothia Cup in Sweden?

But 226 players don’t want to have the possibility that they get owned by a lower ilvl simply because of skill…

I think the problem is the item gap, I mean for example my alt has all the 184 gear, but compared to 226 it is a huge gap. I think they had the right idea but the item gap (for me) is just to large.

That is exactly what rated BGs are for. Random BGs are for just anyone casual or new or if you’re bored.

Yes, they earned the gear and they can do HARDER content thanks to it. Coming in a random BG and rolfstomping low ilvl players is like going to a low level zone to kill a low level player and feeling good about it. You’re going to destroy that low level there is absolutely no questioning it. The only thing to find fun out of it is the other players frustration.

If the player with higher ilvl is so good and was able to do content to gain that gear, then they should be strong enough and skilled enough to handle a same ilvl player who doesn’t have that skill and knowledge.

1 Like