Ignite Your Summer with the Midsummer Fire Festival!

Ignite Your Summer with the Midsummer Fire Festival!

Take part in the hottest holiday of the year from June 21 through July 5. The Midsummer Fire Festival brings with it a variety of activities and rewards to light up Azeroth’s summer.

View Full Article

7 Likes

Not the same without old friends and guildies that used to play.

:neutral_face:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

12 Likes

Yay for the daily loot chance increases!

2 Likes

That boss drop system sounds good.

3 Likes
6 Likes

The Dragon Isles achievement should be listed under the section to honor the flames, not extinguish them.

3 Likes

Midsummer, but summer just started today

4 Likes

But winter starts in the southern hemisphere :thinking:

the plot thickens

8 Likes

You guys should probably update the wording on this:

When I first read through this paragraph, it was a bit confusing because you don’t include a mention of “daily” with the “first attempt” until after you explicitly said “only the first attempt on an account is eligible”, when clearly you meant the first daily attempt. Implicit references don’t work until you explicitly say them once.

6 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

We’re changing the way the loot system for the holiday boss drops work. We have increased drop rates significantly for the first boss kill on a single account. Only the first attempt on a single Battle.net account will be eligible to receive the item drop, however. For each subsequent daily attempt on the boss with a single Battle.net account, the chance for the item to drop will increase and continues to accumulate for each failed attempt. This change will allow players to spend less time working to earn a specific dropped item while providing an increasing opportunity to get that item during the holiday.

Terrible. Basically, taking away our only recourse for dealing with ridiculously low holiday item drop rates. Now, it’s just you get it or you don’t. There’s no longer any player agency, nothing we can do to increase our chances.

Saving us time? You know, some players don’t mind putting in the time to increase their chance of getting something they want. Want to save us even more time? From now on each holiday just randomly choose what accounts get the holiday items and mail them to us. It’s the same thing.

11 Likes

Midsummer’s Eve is the secularization of the old pagan celebration of the summer solstice which, as you noted, starts summer and this year, occured today.

I’ve got nothing on this. :wink:

4 Likes

Agreed! Hopefully Blizzard does this as well for the Love is in the Air event for the X-45-Heartbreaker mount.

That particular mount been eluding me for years! Farm for it daily on my main and alts each year when the Love is in the Air event is up each February.

2 Likes

i dont think you read the article. your alts will no longer get a chance for a loot drop.

1 Like

I’m glad with this change as I will no longer feel stressed about not running the event with one more character for another insanely low but still a chance.
Long overdue to be honest. This is Blizzard finally stepping up and doing something about degenerative grinds. Lots of people with no self control who run these events daily with armies of alts will finally be freed from this torment.

2 Likes

So…

Only the first attempt on a single Battle.net account will be eligible to receive the item drop

This sounds like if someone ran it on a character that can’t equip staves, they’re screwed out of ever getting the scythe on that account and can’t get any drops on anyone else.

1 Like

no wait cant you trade the scythe since isnt it boa?

It’s a weapon, not a cosmetic. It’s BoP.

then yeah. your screwed. unless they change it to cosmetic.

cant wait for the rage threads when people wake up today to find this out.
forums gonna be a big

KIND OF SUS THEY DROP THIS AT LIKE 9/10PM IN THE EVENING HUH BLIZZARD?
posted it right before they left for the evening.