Pathfinder pt.2 is the last straw

08/19/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Crowlay
The nonsense people complain about never fails to amaze me. What's next, the color green?!

I like blue better!

I do hate pathfinder. It's the worst time gate ever for the best game feature ever. It's just a big steaming dump on top of my fun, which is why WoW is uninstalled and my game time is just forum time.

#PathfinderSucks
08/19/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Sashapray
08/19/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Gusterot
I don't mind the requirements to unlock, but I do mind the arbitrary waiting period they stick it behind. I unsubbed during Legion because of it. I'll unsub during BfA too. It's their money to lose and no skin off my back.

Let's be real here.. They're not gonna notice your $15 a month nor half the people crying about simple things here threatening to unsub.

you obviously wasn't here at the start of WoD then when they dropped from 15.5 mill subs to under a mill after they said they would never be adding flying in that or any future expansion.

08/19/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Secure

I just wish Blizzard would do enough to make people this fragile quit for good and leave the 500k - 1 million of us that want to play an actual MMORPG the only ones left in the game.

As is they do just enough to keep you around for the money, but I highly doubt they value your business.

God, I'd love to see the hardcore's reaction to a Blizzard that had less than 1 million subs trying to produce content that would actually be profitable enough for them to keep the game running.

I would pay for tickets to sit in a theater and watch the rage and disbelief.

WoD is a great example of that. everyone left at start cause no flying and look how that expansion turned out. from what i heard it had major league content droughts specially at the end.

god this threads been necro'd at least twice :/

anyways plan this expansion for me is the same as it was for WoD and legion. get path finder part 1 done then quit till the last parts in game. think is this 1 sucks sooooooo much worse then the last 2 that its actually gonna take me forever to get part 1 done cause i already dont wanna log into my 120 anymore at all :( id rather just level new toons instead. at least they can fly :D accounts gonna hit the 50 cap soon :(
I actually don't see a reason to have flying anymore because the rewards for WQs are absolute crap. I barely need to go anywhere now.
I'm on the fence about pathfinder. I left the game at the end of Mists and returned at the beginning of BfA, so I missed the whole pathfinder thing completely. I will say, for someone returning like I did, I couldn't understand any reason not to allow people to just fly once they had a character hit max level as before.

I guess I can understand wanting to promote world pvp more, maybe? Regardless, having taken a long break, I don't mind doing all the questing but I can see for someone who's played through WoD, Legion and now, they might be burnt out on it and just want to work on an alt.
08/19/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Koro
Pathfinder part 3 is the final last straw

Nope, Not until Pathfinder Part 4
08/19/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Landria
The nonsense people complain about never fails to amaze me. What's next, the color green?!

acutally I never want to see the color neon green ever again thanks to legion... there you go, you're welcome. but tbh i love this new expan

This made me LOL!
(and I love BfA too!)
I'm in the same boat as most of the ppl here and dont mind having to do the achievement to get flying. In my opinion they should release both right away with the game instead of in two parts month apart from each other and the launch of the game
08/19/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Gusterot
I don't mind the requirements to unlock, but I do mind the arbitrary waiting period they stick it behind. I unsubbed during Legion because of it. I'll unsub during BfA too. It's their money to lose and no skin off my back.

I'm not buying BfA for this very reason.
11/15/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Mahatma
I'm not buying BfA for this very reason.

You'll never get to play fat humans. Your bucket list won't be complete.
stock in tank. yeah dev sure no what they doing for company. No flying cost them a huge amount of players. Jerking around for last few expansion sure cost them more. Defend bad business all you want. it just bad.

The people defend this is like going to a restaurant getting horrible food an service. Yet they keep gong back to them all time. Defending it from all town folks. I sure wish my company could find them. I never have to worry about job security. Yet in 30+years working they only play wow.
1 Like
BFA is awesomesawce!
08/19/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Ohgodfleas
I dont know what it will entail but I decided to jump the gun here and make the first complaint

*its also a slap in the face

Oh, GOD! FLEAS!!!

I really don't have anything cheese or crackers to go with your whine thread but I adore your name.

That being said, it is what it is.

Just do the rep grind and requirements and be done with it.

When it's over it's over.

Nothing you can say or do will change it so just accept it or, respectfully, move on.
09/11/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Bonkernoggin
OK, So here is my 2 cents maybe a wooden nickels worth. I've subbed non stop since this game launched. Played beta prior to retail launch. There is a reason flying is locked , but it would take too long to explain it all to those of you that would still cry about it after being offered a reasonable explanation, I mean besides the ones the devs have given multiple times.

You pay subs for mmos, because you presumably like playing mmos and want to enjoy an mmo that has lots of content , endless hours of gameplay, endless game play options, etc. Consider for a moment, our sub helps to keep the lights on at blizz, pays to employ all the awesome ppl out there working hard to keep us busy playing wow, you know those super creative people that come up with the artwork, music, lore, quests, mounts, pets,characters, the techs that fix things when they break or keep them from breaking, it pays for the hardware that makes the game run smooth as possible, etc etc etc get it? They must be doing something right , still the #1 mmo in the world. Yea, it is look that up. Also wayyyy more than 1 mil in subs. Check that out too while on google looking up first thing. ;-)

"Back in my day" (ha sry couldn't stop myself) we had to sit in a queue for like days on launch day just to have it crash for hours, days, weeks, then repeat this process. That's if the launch was even on the day it was suppose to launch. I recall a couple times in the early days that our launch date got pushed back a few times. So to those of you making the crappy & unjustified comments on how bad you think this launch went , kindly !@#$ and gtfo already. You have no clue. Those of you subbing just for a month during launch, no one gives a crap what you think because even if this game crapped gold all over you, you will still complain and unsub because you cant afford to pay 15 bux a month. I spend that at starbucks for a couple of coffees, big deal?

Those of you that have been here all along, are laughing at these little tykes with their entitlements, remembering the good ole days of red mobs in starter zones, no heirloom gear while leveling, no mounts until 40, leveling your punching skill on boars for hours, keep them ammo pouches full, feeding your pets, and so on. We know how much better this game has gotten over the years. I play a lot of other mmos, and while I may take a rest from wow on occasion, I've never unsubbed, and no more than a month has ever gone by. I've made lots of wonderful friends, including my wife & a few best friends I now consider family, in this game. My wife and I are now having fun teaching this game to our daughter, who has watched us play it for years sitting in our laps. All thanks to a couple of coworkers who gave me a key to join them in the beta for a little game in the works, called the WORLD of Warcraft.

So thank you Blizzard employees & their families for all the sacrifices, dedication, and long long long days at the office you put into making this game what it has become today.

Blizzard is not the same Blizzard as it was back then. If you keep seeing the same old Blizzard with this new one, then you need to wake up. They do not hold the same values as the original did. Wrath of the Lich King was the last of the original Blizzard had to offer. Everyone that was still there left afterward.

I am patial to green, now purple, well that is another story all together.

same,if you “play” the game as intended,and not fly to 120 and go straight into raids .pt 1 isnt real hard to do

No, these are a slap in the face:

That’s kinda what happens anyway…

I knew this thread would pop back up as part 2 gets closer.

./straw

5 Likes