The Cataclysm Classic Pre-Expansion Patch is Now Live

The Cataclysm Classic Pre-Expansion Patch is Now Live

The Cataclysm Classic pre-expansion patch ushers in the shattering of Azeroth and the changed landscape in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, a variety of systems changes along with new class and race combinations, and the new Worgen and Goblin races. Players can also begin learning the new Archaeology profession, use Reforging to upgrade your gear, and more.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Will wrathful prices stay the same on the prepatch as they are currently in the beta? Thanks.

3 Likes

Will there be Worgens and Goblins? We need more critical information please!

2 Likes

Where cata classic fresh server news? =*(

3 Likes

So the pre-event is jut one patch, instead of system and content phases?

Isn’t Classic supposed to be about re-experiencing old content as it was available back in the day?

Why then was the pre-event questline, NPC RP-Events and Elemental Unrest Invasion-Event skipped?
(It could have been added alongside Operation Gnomeregan and Zalazanes Fall, btw.)

I did experience it back in the day, even still have Screenshots (I hope so, unless I don’t find the folder anymore). But I would have loved to re-experience the full pre-event.

New Cata players who are interested in in the story will have no clue why and how the world was changed (except for “The Shattering” and short-stories, if players may know or bother).

Cataclysm Classic is another metaphorical WoW novel (refering to removed story-content), where now only copies exist that have their prologue chapters torn out.

At least there should be a story blog-post, summarizing the skipped event questline and NPC RP conversations, as well as a list of Books and short-stories to read.

edit:
The Cataclysm pre-shattering-events could be made permanently accessible on a Wrath-Era server (without class/system-changes).
Another reason for Wrath-Era servers! (alongside many other quests that do neither exist in Classic or Cata)

8 Likes

That event was nothing worth redoing.

4 Likes

Yeah, you can login to the wrath ptr and see.

It would not have offered much in story and content, but the actual value in it is the completeness of the experience.

Whether it is about a story/lore, art, puzzle or knowledge. All these have the same fascination to me in common: Collecting pieces to form a complete structure (and build it further using my imagination).
Every missing content (especially removed or overly censored digital content) feels almost like an emotional wound to me (as long as I choose it to be important).

Another metaphor could be a jigsaw-puzzle, where just one piece is missing. It is only one on the lower border, an relatively insignificant part that only shows some grass and a flower.
The rest of the picture is still displaying the same motive. Once the puzzle is complete, everything else is there. I could cut a piece of cardboard and paint it accordingly as an replacement (i.e. second-hand experience).
But the piece is still missing and it still can not be unseen. Even the replacement can not reproduce the texture, details and color-variety of the original.

3 Likes

Do you mean the part where the twilight cultists and elementals were loose in Elwynn forest? (and other locations) I remember doing it but I don’t remember precisely when in relation to the breaking. I thought it happened along with. I think there will be quests in town that send you to a specific place depending on your level. I dunno. SO long ago. Kinda fuzzy lol. Maybe it’s just not listed?

No news assumes not happening.

2 Likes

Says who exactly? I’m quite happy for an expansion to make improvements on the originals.

1 Like

This is the original progress of the pre-event:
warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Elemental_Unrest#Event_progression

The event started with the first class/systems-pre-patch.
The Shattering occurred after the event, with a second content-pre-patch.

3 Likes

It has not been stated anywhere, but I’m expecting Joyous Journeys to disappear at this time. Correct?

Eh, maybe it’s to surprise people who didn’t do it 1st time. There are players today who were not born yet then. I bet it all happens. We’ll see though.

Are you foolish? It’s the biggest, most involved pre-expansion event ever to date. Nothing has touched it since. It’s a damn shame Blizzard is really putting NO effort into Cata classic. Why even bother with MoP?

7 Likes

I actually agree:
Adding something is always good!
Removing something is always bad!

2 Likes

Was there any follow up to this, or are we sticking to, “Just go ahead and download 20GB worth of some program you will never run, just to run it one time to log in and answer a question for yourself that I probably know the answer to, but ain’t tellin’”

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I am expecting Joyous Journeys to also go away, but the pre-patch brings in the new XP level requirements, so it will actually be even faster than leveling with Joyous Journey, at least in the 60 to 80 bracket.

1 Like

I wish we were getting the systems patch then the sundering of the world fallow up but… it is what it is… I have complained a lot about how the game seems to be in an awful state and needs a lot of work still… and I would rather that get done right instead of the pre-patch being as it was. If I had to choose of course. The best solution is having both but at this point I do not feel that is a viable option.

Can we please get a clear answer on whether Joyous Journeys is going away or not in the prepatch?