Dragonflight Season 4 Content Update Notes

Will the vault each week drop items equivalent of the awakened raid ilvl? Also will it only drop items from the awakened raid that week or any raid you ran?

1 Like

wait im confused. are raids rotating every other week or week?

Two weeks of fated Vault, normal other two
Then two weeks of fated Aberrus, normal other two
Then two weeks of fated Amirdrassil, normal other two
Then everything is open, all raids are Fated, no more normals.

Or closed, if you were hoping to farm mounts.

1 Like

I think they have scrapped that. Clicking the link to read the full article now says

Every week during Dragonflight Season 4, one of the three Dragonflight raids will become Awakened: Vault of the Incarnates; Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible; or Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope. Enemies within Awakened raids are stronger and drop upgraded loot with a higher item level.

Instead of the whole “X raid for two weeks, then Y for two weeks then Z for two weeks then X,Y,Z are awakened until season is over”

We’ve made a couple updates to the Season 4 content update notes:

• Awakened raids will rotate weekly, instead of every two weeks.
    • Developer’s note: In an effort to ensure players have variety week over week we are adjusting the schedule of our Awakened raids to rotate weekly.
  • Earn 1 Antique Bronze Bullion a week per character by defeating Awakened bosses, with the cap rising by 1 each week. Note that if you miss a week, you’ll be able to catch up to the current weekly max.
  • Revival Catalyst charges have been reset to 1. One charge is earned each week (was every 2 weeks).
5 Likes

Can we turn Awakened off and do the raids as they are, right now?

That’s all Mythic prog guilds have ever wanted from season 4 (in Shadowlands, and now) - the ability to do the raids in their current forms.

We just want the mounts. We got Cutting Edge for 24 people, but only have 4 mounts. That’s another 10 Fyrrak kills to go, and we don’t want to have to re-prog the raid we just progged all over again to do it.

Please just let us turn Awakened OFF and do the raids as they are now. For the whole season.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Other two specs look great. That’s pretty good options

People still raid in this game? I thought it went the way of pvp by now.

You’re obviously just the messenger so I’m not blaming you at all, but the fact that Blizzard is changing this as quickly as they are is not making me too confident in this season.

Do we have the option to make the raids un-Fated? I’d really, really like to farm non-Fated Mythic Fyrakk with Fated gear to more reliably get that mount and if the plans are to make everything Fated after week 6 that’s going to make this an insanely annoying task to accomplish even for pretty good guilds.

7 Likes

I don’t understand the point of increasing the cap past 2. Players will hold dinars, then after week 2 spend on an item, back to zero. The next week, they either get a xmog item or they save it for their next item, and back to zero again.

I guess the Slime Cat is the only reason to hold onto more than 2 dinars.
Also, its bold of you all to think players are going to be clearing raids week after week to collect a single dinar, once MoP: Remix launches.

2 Likes

I actually thought the 2 week rotation was a good pace. Weekly seems a bit rushed

9 Likes

Will there be an opportunity to receive a tier token from aotc or KSM ?

Why change from two weeks to one week?
Bad change.

The point of two weeks was to let people re-progress the raids - it was a good move, why change it. Now you’re going to have to tune the difficulties way down.

6 Likes

not sure the weekly rotation is exactly exciting for groups that run only a few hours, on the bi weekly you could easily extend if needed, or re clear if your group is fast enough to clear in a single lockout. with a weekly rotation you cant really extend without almost forgeting where you were at when you circle back because its been almost a month

1 Like

oh hey look blizzard going back on what they first said go figure

Blizz: “We said we would change the thing from fated season in shadowlands everyone hated but since everyone liked that change we decided to go back on that. Fun is not allowed.”

3 Likes

So are all 3 raids getting awakened after 6 weeks still or no? Cause thats what people were having issues with, with all 3 being awakened with no way to turn them off.

3 Likes

I noticed in the update the mention of all 3 being awakaned at week 7 was removed, does that mean that the raids all being awakaned at the same time at week 7 is no longer happening?

3 Likes

This wouldn’t shock me one bit if they cut the currency from LFR last minute, and pull another slime cat.

1 Like