Prime Gaming Loot: Get the Swift Windsteed Mount

Prime Gaming Loot: Get the Swift Windsteed Mount

Add the Swift Windsteed mount to your collection with Amazon Prime Gaming.

View Full Article

11 Likes

This is a a bit disappointing. This was a Twitch drop just last year.

Are future prime gaming rewards just going to be recycled from previous Twitch drops now?

26 Likes

mid

1 Like

Why would you give a duplicate reward?

6 Likes

The whole concept of trying to monetize the game further with 3rd party subscriptions to unlock further content for a product with its own subscription, on top of targeting these “loot drops” at specific times to artificially inflate and game viewership metrics to tamper with engagement metrics, is wholly smelly.

7 Likes

Why didnt you put a recolor of it. You have many windsteeds in your database Blizzard that you never released.

5 Likes

Why do we have to pay another sub somewhere else to get a mount for this game?

6 Likes

Multiple Possible Reasons:

• To monetize sunk cost fallacy of players who want progression on cosmetics and mounts. People are actively steered towards pay to avoid playing already, this is just one methodology of cashing that out.
  • Corporate wants more money but doesn’t want to directly raise prices so things get split up and made indirect in the hopes people don’t notice.

As a side note: Prepare for the “Shrinkflation” of the upcoming three xpacs, and more tender monetization. They stuffed them into the higher tier pay packages of war within already iirc.

Paying for Prime anyway. May as well take the freebie.

12 Likes

Huh. Wasn’t this a twitch or amazon reward previously?

3 Likes

They put them in the trader’s tender store now

Idk Blizzard got everyone hyped up at Blizz-con and then just decided to kill the momentum with mid trading post and drops etc.

3 Likes

Battle pets and a watch after the What Sword, and some really nice mounts and outfits, really just feels weird!

The good trading post mounts are almost assuredly being saved for late spring 2024 as an engagement metric ripcord for the offseason downtime before next xpac.

2 Likes

I’m a quite a bit more hyped for a new expansion than I am for the best TP we’ve had all year.

Beyond lazy.

2 Likes

It’s free, why are people whining about it? Get it or don’t. lol

7 Likes

I’m meaning January’s and the lackluster bonus we get for this one.

It’s not free

2 Likes

I wouldn’t sit through Twitch streamers for this either.

1 Like