Migrate Your Authenticator to the Battle.net Mobile App

Migrate Your Authenticator to the Battle.net Mobile App

The time has come to migrate your Authenticator from the old Authenticator App to the new Battle.net App. If you currently are using the Battle.net Authenticator app, you must migrate to the new Battle.net mobile app by January 5.

View Full Article

1 Like

Ssssoooo… is it automatic? I’ve had both the mobile app and the authenticator app for a while now and I don’t see any options to migrate account info or data on either one. And no I’m not technologically inclined so idc if it’s a “stupid question”.

2 Likes

This is a pain in the

10 Likes

Migrant Swarf reporting in…

1 Like

The support articles are listed in the article they just posted for how it works.

1 Like

it really isn’t.

(it took me less than 2 minutes)

3 Likes

Point to remember before migrating:

Do not delete the authenticator app until you’ve got it set up in the Bnet app.

8 Likes

You going to pay for a phone to put the moble app on ? Not every one has a cell phone .

5 Likes

What happens if you still have a working physical authentication attached to your account?
Does this apply to us?

3 Likes

No, it does not apply to physical authenticators.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Family Dollar has a $29.99 Smartphone available. Tracfone Blu View 4

If you can’t afford $29.99 but can afford rent/mortgage, car payment/insurance, electricity, internet and water/gas then Skyrim is on sale.

1 Like

Well sucks to be them/you

2 Likes

Ok, but what about my old fob authenticator? Will it still work? And, yeah, I’m being serious.

2 Likes

I said cell phone there is a big difference . Why do I need 2 phones so I can get more spam calls .

1 Like

Oh lord he’s inept.

2 Likes

Oh well that’s the price you pay to be the one percent literally.

3 Likes

I’m wondering the same , can I still use the physical authenticator?

You can still use those, but the battery won’t last forever.

3 Likes

Yes you can. This does not impact the physical version in any way. But those were decommissioned years ago and only had a battery life of approx. 7 years…so, they won’t be around much longer.

2 Likes