Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated February 12

Any chance we can transfer low level character from HC to SoD?

Please make rogue tanking viable. Give us an aoe.

1 Like

This would only allow people to win-trade unfortunately although it would be nice

my pet will still solo you after nerfs tho? the point of the comment is half our builds just dont compare. like nerf regular hunter buff melee hunter.

2 Likes

Please, its probably a bug.
Posted it on the SoD forums and didn´t have an answer… maybe you can give me one…

"Hi everyone, hope you alright.

I’m here because I’ve been looking for the Quick Draw rune (rogue) with my level 12 troll. While questing in Durotar, I got the map pieces as drops, but I decided to deal with it later and ended up destroying them as i needed the space and didn´t plan on doing it in that moment.

Now I only have the Top-Right and Top-Left map pieces… and I’m looking for the others. I was at level 13 to 14, killing Quillboars, and they didn’t drop anything. I THINK it might be bugged because checking online, it said that the Quillboar with the highest chance had a 12%, and with the number I killed throughout the level, it should have dropped more than once.

Is there any bug? Is it intentional? I also read that I can get the rune by going to the southernmost island of the Echo Isles and waiting for another rogue to come with their complete treasure map…

Well, any help is more than welcome.

Thank you very much for your time."

December 7, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Ashenvale PvP
    • When a player makes any hostile action against an opposing faction Lieutenant (e.g. Keepers of the Grove, Blademasters) or faction leader in the various objective areas, they will receive reputation when that enemy dies.
      • It must be an offensive action (harmful spell, harmful ability, melee attack, or ranged attack) against an enemy to receive reputation.
      • Players will receive reputation even if they are dead or no longer nearby as long as they are still in the zone when the enemy dies.
    • Players now receive 200 reputation for killing a Lieutenant and all members of the winning faction will receive 200 reputation when the faction leader dies.
    • The winning team will also receive 100 reputation per friendly Lieutenant remaining.
    • Players now have 60 minutes to complete the Ashenvale PvP event (was 30 minutes).
  • The Trainee’s Sentinel Nightsaber and Trainee’s Outrider Wolf now require Friendly reputation with the Silverwing Sentinels and Warsong Outriders respectively (was Honored).
2 Likes

Please fix the bug that Mage Arcane wands to not heal with regeneration rune. The rune tooltip clearly says ALL arcane damage is converted to healing…

2 Likes

:ok_hand: . This is good a good start… keep at it.

I still think the hunter pet is over tuned. Glad to see rapid changes though!

Ironforge Rep for turning in Ashenvale PvP event quest item? Seems should be at the very least Darnasus or better yet Silverwing Sentinels.

1 Like

Now if only i wasn’t on the layer that had only 10 people we could kill one boss get more then 200 rep

Arcane damage from a wand does not count as damage coming from the mage though… have trinkets or any other buffing effects ever worked on wands?

Would love if Fingers of Frost and Frostbite were fixed. They both currently always trigger at the same time, and since the effect ultimately provided is the same, it makes having both redundant

Add aome incentives to killing players in ashenvale. It could be anything to keep the area breathing outside of ashenvale, currency for rewards, rep anything

love this change to the crates!

There is an issue with Flanking strike doing half the damage it says on tooltip
It says you and your pet deal 100% melee damage, but I’m doing less than half of my auto damage; I’ve crit with flanking strike weaker than noncrit autos. Pet is also hitting for half
Any chance we can see a fix for that?

1 Like

Maybe you guys could just make flanking strike more likely the retail version (hard hitting / engaging playstyle) and take off the “randomness” that’s hard to balance.

Another idea is to change the flanking strike rune to something around mongoose bite, making it a reliable strong button.

Carve also needs some love.

Can we get the Phoenix Bindings recipe back on the vendors?

Some people who bought the recipe but couldn’t learn it, then when it was fixed were able to learn it, and now they have exclusive crafting and are making literally thousands of gold per day.

Can we PLEASE get the crates set to not be unique? The filled change was nice, but if you’re out questing and come across one, the chances of having exactly what it wants are not high. The ratchet grind isn’t fun, either.

2 Likes

This whole crate thing just sucks. I’m sure but you cool chains and random drops that give you runes. Then you have hey go do another really really annoying rep grind and pay us to get 1 of your runes. No thanks guess i’ll just never have all my runes. In no way am I doing thing and i was really loving SOD up to this point. If my mates weren’t playing i quit. i know this is all qq but it just makes me mad and i just had to say my piece.

1 Like