Blues News: December 1, 2023

Blues News: December 1, 2023

Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.

View Full Article

2 Likes
  • Rares in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach: Recent changes were made to the rares in Zaralak Caverns and the Forbidden Reach. The reason for these changes was shared, and other adjustments are being discussed.

Those “other adjustments” better be, “we’re reversing our terrible decision and making the rares soloable.”

16 Likes

I think their reasoning was fine.

If there are ten rares up and you have a small number of people scattered around the zone, the chances of a person being able to do any of those rares is slim to none. Limiting the rares that are up might help consolidate players onto the same targets, which should see better kill rates.

I’m assuming they can look at the numbers and see if the rares are getting killed at a better rate.

1 Like

If they cut the stupid amount of hp and damage dealing those rares have, people would actually be killing them, and there wouldn’t be ten rares up anymore.

4 Likes

And yet people aren’t going down there anymore after finding zero rares up at all. The zone went from mostly dead to all dead.

No. Their reasoning was stupid.

3 Likes

Then why make them rares at all? The entire objective is to get people to work together, not to turn them into loot pinatas.

Blizzard has that data, I do not. If people are doing the content and grouping up better then it was a success. If people are still neglecting rares then it was a waste of time.

1 Like

You do know that “rare” and “rare elite” are different? And that people want the “rare elite” turned into “rare,” so they can go to the dead zone no one wants to go to and try to get the stuff they want, yes? Achievement, pets, mounts, toys, manuscripts?

Why can we have rares in Emerald Dream we can solo but not ZC where it’s dead?

4 Likes

Poor gnome, blue dragon food.

They’ll become trivialized either way. Most of them can already be solo killed.

Traditionally rares have had a silver border. These have silver borders hence me saying they’re rares. If you want to nitpick about me not adding “elite” you can do that all day every day, but I won’t participate. :slight_smile:

That’s the entire point of consolidating the players onto the same target. They’re designed to be interacted with in a certain way. Asking Blizzard to nerf them to the point where any person could come along and quickly kill them benefits you but tarnishes a newer players experience. New players still have to go through that area to some extent.

Again, they will eventually be easy enough for everyone to kill alone when everyone gets gear. This is such a non issue I don’t know why people even bother talking about it.

If you aren’t a tank, no. And it takes tanks like 10-15 minutes to solo them.

This is probably the most irrelevant thing you’ve said today. No one cares what their borders are. You ignored my entire point to try to make snide remarks.

Not worth my time now. Good day.

Which is why Blizzard is consolidating the players onto the same rares, ez pz.

What are you even talking about?

Also, this is misinformation, because there are Rares in the Emerald Dream that can NOT be solo’d, they have many, many millions more health than anything anywhere else. So, you’re ignoring the fact that it’s a mixed bag just like ZC.

I have no idea why you decided to get upset because I said they have a silver border… but you do you.

HAHAHA. Even the elite trash there are STILL nigh-unkillable for many specs at ilvl 450.
Pull 2-3 = dead.

The best “rare” farming was in MoP, where they gave actual great stuff.

What else is there to discuss? It’s a DEAD zone!

Reverse and reduce!

1 Like

Says who? I don’t think any open world content should rely on getting a group.

1 Like

That’s probably fair. MoP did a lot of things right.

Says Blizzard.

Why have groups at all for any content, am I right?

I honestly can’t for the life of me work out why they’d be actively pulling crap that makes older zones less enticing, it isn’t like this new zone is so amazingly packed with stuff to do that they’re wanting to keep us all funneled in there. If anything, they should be making adjustments to encourage us to go back to these other zones.

Hell, why not make all of the catch up gear from these different zones and activities the same level, like low 400’s so it isn’t as good as the new zones gear, but only slightly worse. Make it so that a freshly dinged person could spend an hour or so in each of these old zones/events and be completely decked out.

Sometimes Blizzard really makes me shake my head in disbelief.

1 Like

And here I was hoping for actual new news and not the same stuff theyve already posted.

1 Like

I completely read this as Blues Clues. I would TOTALLY join a Blues Clues WoW forum

1 Like

I love you. lol

1 Like