WoW Hotfixes - January 8

No. Stop. This is cringe.

The boss is objectively easier after the other nerfs but if making changes like this isn’t a huge red flag that you need to flush these private auras down the toilet I don’t know what is.

December 21, 2023

Characters

• Apothecary Lee in Dalaran should now have his shoulders looking like they’re supposed to.

Quests

• Players should now be able to speak with Vormu and turn in “Disturbance Detected: Black Temple”.

Season of Discovery

• Druid
    • Lacerate base cost reduced 10 Rage (was 15).
    • Mangle (Bear) base cost reduced to 15 Rage (was 20).
  • Priest
    • Shadow Word: Death base damage increased by 103% and the bonus damage it receives from spell power has been increased by 50%.
  • Shaman
    • Shamanistic Rage now always grants 6% of the caster’s spell damage as mana, as intended.
3 Likes

Just want to make sure the devs know this bug is either still not fixed or has returned. I have seen it multiple times in my keys this week.

Yup this is still a bug. Imps are going rogue and pulling stuff.

January 2, 2024

Items

• Fixed an issue that was causing Ms. Xiulan’s Blackmarket goods to not be available in some regions.

Season of Discovery

• Two additional Spirit Healers will be present during the Battle for Ashenvale in the northwest of the zone.
2 Likes

Hotfixes

January 4, 2024

Dungeons and Raids

• Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause a stuck black screen upon entering Fyrakk’s chamber.

Season of Discovery

• Boon of Blackfathom no longer applies to pets.
    • Developer’s Note: We are essentially removing the ability for pets to get Boon of Blackfathom for now. Now that pets scale with stats, allowing them to get certain world buffs would effectively let them “double dip” on these effects and gain far more damage than intended. We’ll continue to review this as we move through the content phases and make adjustments to how world buffs interact with pets as needed.
1 Like

If we are going to continue to nerf Hunters (Not even the best DPS in raids) in PVE, while the community is solely complaining about hunters in PVP. I’m going to continue to be confused. Warriors and Rogues have mutli-role options and they don’t get touched while on top, but we are nerfing a 3rd ranking dps in PVE where no one is asking for their nerf? While continue to have no nerf to pvp, where everyone is asking for their nerf?

6 Likes

Still no buffs for Feral I see.

This hotfix news went up late.

So you guys will rollback to classic /vanila Warriors/rogues 3 times more dps than other classes? We alteady in that ,phase 2 Will be even worse…

3 Likes

These SoD changes never cease to surprise me. Just when you think it can’t get any dumber, it does!

Why bother making a completely new season when it’s gonna end up just like Era/SOM – play rogue/war to dps because everything else isn’t even close.

Are you THAT tonedeaf? Hunters aren’t even top damage dealers anymore, you are nerfing what is already dead instead of looking at Deep Wounds ticking for 1500 lol?

Rogues and Warriors are going to scale much harder into P2 and that’s what everyone is gonna want to stack in their raids, just like always.

CONGRATS SoD Team for absolutely destroying any reason to play this garbage anymore, not because of this specific nerf, but now realizing how incompetent you are at figuring out what’s actually going on in the game, it’s safe to say there’s no positive future for this season.

PS. Please keep your paws away from Wotlk/Cata, so at least that would remain playabale.

11 Likes

I agree… I’m expecting Cataclysm to be as it was when it was first released… DO NOT add this SoD junk to it… Unless of course you edit runes to adhere to ones talent tree instead of gear… but even then, if the runes are universal and can be placed and use by anyone… leave cata alone.

Keep calm guys. Yes it’s another hunter nerf, yes we’re already getting weaker as everyone is getting geared, no we will not scale into future phases, yes warrior deep wounds is bugged and it is an unintentional effect, but this one blizzard developer got ganked by a wind serpent in Ashenvale and the wind serpent had the boon of blackfathom so guys just be patient while this hotfix gets everything under control!

8 Likes

You guys couldn’t bother to post this is in the SoD forums? Why was this announced so late? I was asking on twitter what was going on at least two hours before the hunter nerfs were confirmed.

Sod now is Just 2019 classic with runes and level cap…

3 Likes

the pets were op. Its obvious to anyone who plays the game.

Hi Aggrend,

I think this hotfix also caused eating while your pet is in combat to not restore HP. Before this update, when I send my pet into combat WHILE eating and drinking, it acts as normal. Now, mana restores but HP does NOT, even though you keep the eating buff. Not sure if this is an unintended change or not.

Great work with classic, I swore I’d never play another Blizzard game again and here I am having a blast.

can we actually make the boon give something for healers yet ?

What does this mean for warlock pets? They are way far detached from anything you could call OP.

I mean the pets in pvp are very op. No one in their mind is arguing against that. In PvE though, thats the hunter damage profile. That’s just how they are built right now. Rogues are literally S+ tier and hunters are A+ to S in PVE and you guys have only received buffs. This isn’t the correct nerf. Hunter pvp pets need a targeted pvp nerf. Hunter non-pet runes need a targeted buff. That is the correct move. This is the incorrect move.

5 Likes