17 years, no ogres on the Horde

lore wise, weren’t 2 headed ogres created that way by magic? They could just simply make it so the player controlled ogre’s all had 1 head. Maybe sometime down the line they could add the two headed option when they figure it out. Idk, since they added kultiran’s I feel like ogre’s is entriley doable. They could even make it a male only race if they wanted to. Or, they could design female ogres, and redesign all ogres, and insert the females into the game going back to vanilla.

Well besides from a design standpoint, I think it’s also on fault of Blizzard of wanting to introduce a new race that would also be relevant to the story.

IE: Allied Races, they are recruited due to the war that is their “lore” reasoning behind them. Some have more then that, but overall thats it.

I don’t think Blizzard wants to just add Ogres, without them being relevant at the time. But that’s just me guessing.

I honestly don’t remember which expansions it were. All I know is they did try again back in Cata.

rat people. difference.

1 Like

We already have orcs and Maghar.

Ogres fit a different umbrella

Don’t take that the wrong way, i’d take Ogre all day. Just saying if Ogre isn’t possible due to game limitations then Mok’nathal would be a nice middle ground

It’s a shame that so much time has gone by and not only do we not have playable Horde Ogres (allegedly considered at vanilla’s launch, Cataclysm, and rumors of WoD as a possibility), but despite having three clans within the Horde, they seem to be completely forgotten and not utilized at all. Having the Horde Ogre clans completely miss the war in BfA is a complete travesty and frustrating to see. Despite all that, I’m hoping we’ll see playable Horde Ogres someday, and feel like there is a chance of that still happening…at least at present.

By the way, if any of you Ogre fans are interested in seeing ideas, concepts, all sorts of info on the Horde Ogre clans, and fan discussion and support for playable Horde Ogres, please check out the Stonemaul Ogre megathread here:

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Game limitation argument really never made sense.

The alliance got Ogres though. Kul’tirans are basically shaped the same lol

I :heart: you

LOL no they can’t. Did you even see 9.2 trailer?

1 Like

With SL’s updates to the character creator, and the transmog changes that allow for a more adjustable interface, I think they’ve solved most of the challenges Ogres would give them.

I’ll tag you next year cause you’re wrong.

1 Like

Your either being willfully ignorant or not paying attention. :laughing:

Less so than ogres.

How so? We have zero information on the next expansion. No one can claim anything on what’s going to happen

And there are no signs of a mechanic class going to be a thing right now. :sweat_smile:

With such a focus on the cosmic elements of the story I don’t know how much Ogres would really add to the Horde.

If this expansion was BC, Cata, or WoD I think Ogres should be a must but they keep losing out on their opportunities where they would make sense.

This person says this but probably wants the next class to be some cringy edgy melee class or Dragonborne.

The Tinker class has so much potential and blizzard has played around with technology for the last several expansions for simple encounter to complex raid fights.

On top of other mmorpg offering a technology class, elder scrolls online next expansion will add the Dwemer Engineer class.

It’s a trope that’s existed since warcraft rts days and vanilla wow.

Before demon hunter was announced the popular class predictions were Pirate, Demon Hunter and Tinker… we got pirate and demon hunter.

I never said I was opposed to it or that it’ll never happen. Only that I think there are other options. It’s limiting and a little boring to only ever focus on those two classes.

But in your original post you seem convinced that naga will be playable in 10.0 and a tinker is going to happen. We can safely say naga will never be playable, as historically they’ve been evil antagonists. And they have no legs.

But it doesn’t matter how cool a tinker might be. We can’t just assume it’s going to happen when Blizz has yet to tell us any scrap of info on the expansion yet. It might be tinker, it might be something else, we might not even get any new class at all. So don’t be disappointed if there are no tinkers. :upside_down_face:

Worgen.

Mechagnomes .

Are humans who learned how to regain their sanity from a feral animal mind. Naga aren’t shapeshifters, they’re people who have tried on multiple occasions to conquer Azeroth.

Do in fact have legs! Two of them by my count.

The leg issue is for complications with our gear and how we ride mounts. It’s unlikely anything that doesn’t have two legs will ever be playable.