17 year old game costs more than a new game

You see any movies the last 10+ years? Half are remakes of something that brought in alot of people and money back in the day.

Blizzard is a corporation and will always prioritize making money over everything else. This includes game quality too. They will min/max their metrics to bring in as much money as possible even if it means losing players.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending them on this, I just don’t know how we as a playerbase change this without all quitting. Only option is to stop giving them money but if you like the game in any sense and want to play any aspect of it, that’s not possible.

We just have to be realistic about the greedy world we live in and that this game will continue to trickle off in this direction until the fatcats can no longer bleed it dry.

You had 2 years to level what you want, why does the existence of a one time boost bother you so much? Don’t buy it

How about this, you go find an MMO with no microtransactions and leave everyone alone.

I’m sure there’s so many of those…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s on vacation and won’t reply for a while.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Classic TBC is FREE. How is that more than anything?

1 Like

Reading hard

That sums up to 100% of these people, it’s even worse on the wow sub reddit

Blood Elf women have tiny weapons and shields.

Dude. All you need to play TBC is $15/mo. You are not required to buy Deluxe edition, boosts and clones.

1 Like

It costs absolutely nothing except the price of a monthly subscription. You don’t have to purchase the extra content to play the game.

I’m not lol

1 Like

um…what? You aren’t paying for anything other then a sub.

Yes, I am “guilty” of paying for things that I don’t really need to play WoW successfully.

I fail to see how doing this means I “do nothing for the community of gamers”. While I am certainly no famous YouTuber, I contribute to the community in other ways both in and out of the game. To assume that because I purchase a pet, mount or server transfer means I am useless to “the community” is both wrong and insulting.

I also fail to see what exactly you want Blizz to do. Your post seems to indicate you want everything to be free - no sub costs, no game purchase costs, no nothing. That is utterly unrealistic. You cannot provide a game as sophisticated, complex and long-lived as World of Warcraft for free.

I’ve experienced games that have real microtransactions where if you don’t pay a little here, a little there practically every week you won’t make much progress in the game. I hate that sort of thing… I just want to pay my monthly fee and get on with playing. What I find truly interesting though is that many of them advertise as “free to play”… which is technically true. You can play… but it is going to take you forever to advance if you don’t keep buying all the little things that let you progress at a reasonable rate.

WoW doesn’t do that. You pay your sub, you play the game, you progress just like everyone else. While Classic leveling is definitely slower than Retail leveling, that’s just the nature of the two games. Do I wish Classic had some of the Quality of Life features that I enjoy in Retail? Sure I do… especially when I’m on my umpteenth walk between Stormwind and Goldshire! But then I remember that Classic is not Retail. I accept Classic for what it is and start to enjoy myself again. :slight_smile:

I don’t feel pressured every single time I login to buy something from the shop. But I am still quite pleased that those completely optional services are available to me if and when I choose to use them.

1 Like

Well maybe, you should’ve played Retail.

It is free for retail players.
Only cost 5x WoW Tokens.

Boy that article didn’t age well for retail, it’s super dead now. I bet they wish they had that population now lol!

Then play the new game

I have dialed that way way way back because it’s not very fun.

I love you, you made such a spot on reply to this thread. It means I don’t have to say it, because someone already has! :relaxed:

My sub is for Classic/TBC.

I don’t even know what the retail side is. Do I have Shadow Lands now?

Legit no clue.

The sub is basically access to World of Warcraft. If you want the current in development game, you do need to buy the expansions, same as always. They just didn’t separate the subs.