World of Warcraft Classic: Season of Discovery Announced at BlizzCon

World of Warcraft Classic: Season of Discovery Announced at BlizzCon

World of Warcraft Executive Producer Holly Longdale took to the BlizzCon 2023 stage to announce a new WoW Classic seasonal experience: Season of Discovery, coming to Azeroth the week of November 30.

View Full Article

57 Likes

Oh nice, classic+ is here!

34 Likes

i’m down this is what we ask for and to add discovery back to the game like the days of us being new again!!

19 Likes

Warlock tanks…in SoD before retail XD

6 Likes

It’s not

It’s just classic vanilla with a twist

7 Likes

Translation - “We are stealing ideas from turtle wow and other private servers.”

17 Likes

Lol isn’t that what Classic + was?

Anyway, I’m living for this iteration of WoW now.

They must’ve seen my post about if they weren’t gonna do a Classic +, I’ll just take my business to the folks who will lol.

Classic+ ? ? ?

1 Like

Classic plus, wow is kill

The twist is that it’s no longer pre-solved, which is gigantic.

5 Likes

This seems really cool. If they do it right, this could be one of the best things to happen for Classic. And about the dumb complaints about Blizz “stealing ideas from private servers” - good. Blizzard has always been the best at stealing ideas and executing them better, that’s literally exactly what happened with WoW to begin with.

15 Likes

Make no mistake, this isn’t classic+.
They are just rehashing content instead of doing new content.
Classic+ would mean something along the lines of OSRS, where they develop new content on top of the old base game.

9 Likes

Season of pve

Fat rip for pvp’rs

4 Likes

Classic + IS a SPINOFF not A SEASON. THIS IS CLASSIC MINUS.

13 Likes

PVE players don’t really want this either. This just feels very low effort & lazy…

5 Likes

So is the goal to build it out from 25 slowly up to level 60 into a full-fledge game or is the level cap essentially just a seasonal mechanic?
Hoping the WoW classic whats next clears this up.

called it
seasons of mastery 2 lol

This looks interesting.

1 Like

Will have to see how well it’s executed but I think the idea is solid.

It takes the low content that typically get burned through with spellcleave groups or whatever the kids are doing these days to maximize sweat per second and makes it have more significance. It mixes things up by screwing with the established metas too.

8 Likes

So I guess it could be classic plus but we will be beta testing it from 25—>~35—>~45---->~55 then 60. I am hoping for maybe some form of talent rework but given the odd warlock tanks and mage healers it is possible. Still definitely worth investigating and doing wetlands runs in. Would love to see talent trees and new gear if possible.

2 Likes